“Our Go To Place For Special Events”
Review of Deep Cove Chalet

Deep Cove Chalet
Ranked #4 of 85 Restaurants in Sidney
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2014

On Saturday we attended an 80th birthday party of eight for my mother-in-law. The menu was predetermined in consultation with the proprietors Beverly and Pierre. I had the foie gras to start and it was out of this world! The other selection was smoked salmon which was declared to be excellent. Next was parsley bouillon which contained escargot. Very unusual but superb. The Henkell Trocken went well with these dishes. The next dish was Filet of Sturgeon served in a brown butter sauce on what seemed to be a sauerkraut. Every one thought this was outstanding. The Winter Salad that followed was very good. My main course was Breast of Duck which was beautifully served with a cherry sauce and veggies. Others had the Rack of Lamb, Filet of Beef or Filet of Salmon.
Satisfied smiles all around the table. The Chateau Vieille Tour La Rose St. Emilion 2009 complimented my main dish very well. Others enjoyed a Chartron LaFleur Sauvignon 2009. For dessert I had the Vanilla Ice Cream served with Truffle Sauce as did most of our party. The other choice was Floating Islands. The server always leaves the gravy server full of the Truffle Sauce on the table in case you want to double up!
As usual the service here was impeccable. Perhaps even better than usual since our reservation started at 1:00 PM and there were only a couple of other guests. We staggered to our feet at 3:40PM and claimed the party a great success.

2  Thank fishnguy
There are newer reviews for Deep Cove Chalet

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I had high expectations for this restarant but it was just okay. Personally I think it is way overpriced for what you get. It was pretty good food but certainly was not the best I have ever had. I had the curry scallops and they were pretty good. The spinach which was also on the plate was gritty. I found it odd that the scallops came with a dallop of mashed potatoes. Seems like rice would be a better choice. My husband had a peppercorn steak and he did not have potatoes on his plate which seemed like the dish you would put it on out of the two. Appetizers were pretty good although when I started eating my avacadoe salad I found the avacado was dark and way over ripe. I was pretty unimpressed when I read the last page of the menu that said you could not order an appetizer or salad for your dinner. I read it twice because I have never seen that before. We wont be back, overpriced and I have had better more reasobably priced food elsewhere.

5  Thank mum2twingrls
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I had eaten here before in the 1980's. It was excellent then, it is excellent now! Beautiful location, excellent service, superlative cuisine. I had appy's of steak tartare, halibut and onion tart (exceptional!), mushroom soup, sturgeon, duck breast and meringue dessert. Highly recommended!

1  Thank RonTSmithers_B_C_
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Fabulous food, amazing view, lovely atmosphere, friendly staff. If you want a worldly dining experience on the island, this is a must.

1  Thank ittessot
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I celebrated a special birthday at the Deep Cove Chalet. The entire evening from the excellent food, the excellent service and the charming atmosphere could not have been better. The restaurant is tucked into a secluded cove and has spectacular sunsets to enjoy while having dinner. It is also a lovely spot for lunch and there are often seals surfacing in the cove or a yacht moored nearby. The grounds are also lovely and you are able to walk down to the water's edge. We have been here before and the atmosphere and quality are always top notch.
They have kept an old world feel to the place down a winding country road, do not expect modern flash but a place you can get dressed up and be relaxed all at the same time.

1  Thank SJ410