Best Western Plus Emerald Isle Hotel
  • Restaurant
Very Good 4/5
Very Good 4/5
Good 3.5/5
Western 66 Motel(Central Saanich)
  • Free Internet
Great 4.5/5
All reviewssmitty's restaurantrestaurant next doorattached restaurantclose to the airportvictoria airportwithin walking distanceconvenient locationthe main streetroom was largefront desk staffhotel guestsexcellent hotelbeds were very comfortablequeen bedwould stay here againbutchart gardenscoffee machine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great spot for connections in a sweet little town. Room was basic& clean, hot tub & sauna were good and staff were helpful for the most part. Be sure to ask for the new wing - Kilarney I think. Minutes from the airport or ferry and quite close to Buchart Gardens. Smitty's was handy & coupon for breakfast discount was a nice touch. No newspaper though and the weather post on the front desk was 3 days old...

Room Tip: Newer building was quiet and clean
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan M
Scott H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Emerald Isle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments about your stay. We are delighted you enjoyed your time here. Please accept my apologies for missing you with the newspaper and for overlooking the weather notice at the desk. Purely for humour, the weather didnt change for the 3 days, so we saved on paper.... Thank you for pointing out these oversights.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Spent one night before taking the ferry. Great sleep and the Breakfast in Smitty's was excellent in the morning.

Easy access to the highway and quick down to the ferry. I am sure it would be the same for a plane trip!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Tim R
John S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Emerald Isle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2015

Great review equals = great sleep, great breakfast, great location, we love it, thank you very much I hurray back soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Having stayed in Victoria many times, we decided we would stay in Sidney this time and take advantage of the many family-friendly activities in the Saanich Peninsula area. This hotel is the perfect exploration base! We had a room in the Killarney Wing and as we were right by the elevator, the stairs, laundry room, and the fitness centre, I had expected lots of noise, but we had terrific sleeps all three nights we were there.

We were in a room with two queen beds. There was also a large table with two comfy chairs, ample drawer space and closet space. The room was a good size given we have two 8-year olds. The bathroom consisted of a toilet and tub, but two sinks were outside the door. This allowed us to get ready in minimal time.

The hotel is in a great location with easy access to the highway, if you're heading to the Saanich Fair (Labour Day Weekend) or the mini golf at Mattick's Farm, and across the street from Safeway and Shoppers Drug Mart. It took us about 10 minutes to walk down Beacon Avenue, the main street in Sidney, to the waterfront. There's lots of restaurants and shops along the way, including a Starbucks. If you geocache, you might want to check out Statues in Sidney before starting your walk to the waterfront. We also took the opportunity to catch the ferry to beautiful Sidney Spit (summer only) which is also at the waterfront.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ynspire
Scott H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Emerald Isle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay at the Hotel. It sounds like you took advantage of all the community of Sidney has to offer - and more! We look forward to welcoming you and your family back! Buddies Toys is just up the street from the hotel for those requests that you don't get into Santa's workshop on time!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed just one night at the Emerald Isle, and chose this hotel based on proximity to the airport for our 6:45am flight the next morning. Our king room was large but fairly basic. The decor was somewhat dated but I think it was possibly the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in! I mean sparkling! That alone can forgive a lot of sins in my book, not that there were any to speak of. The front desk clerk was also super friendly and helpful, setting a great impression right away. I mentioned to her we were leaving super early for a flight and asked if there would be coffee available in the lobby. She left a note for the night clerk asking to have it ready in time for us (earlier than usual) and it was there as planned! My only quibble was that the bathroom lighting was inadequate. I can imagine older folks like my parents finding that very difficult, and I suspect this hotel considers seniors to be a key customer base. I can't compare this hotel to any others in Sidney, but I think it is worthy of recommendation based on my impressions.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jameskul

Thank you for the great comments about our Hotel and staff. Our housekeeping team works very hard and is very proud of what they do - and it shows! Upgrades to the rooms will continue again throughout this coming winter season!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Pleasant hotel to stay in, fast and easy check-in and check-out, lots of parking close by and easy walking distance to grocery, shops, and the shore. Hotel rooms were fair sized, clean, and quiet, with lots of flowers/roses on the property. Didn't use the work out area but when walking by it was usually empty.
I was only there for 3 nights (business) but walked everywhere, and as mentioned you get a coupon for 20% off breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rockyride
Scott H, Manager at Best Western Plus Emerald Isle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay with us and the delights of our Seaside Town!
Thank you for your comments and for noticing our gardens and grounds. We look forward to welcoming you back .