TripAdvisor
Sidney
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews yogurt cannery building continental breakfast no elevator room was clean apple slices electric fireplace glass beach beacon landing sitting on the balcony across the street older hotel water view short stay main building within walking distance restaurants and shops
Selected filters
Reviewed September 14, 2019

We were disappointed with the breakfast provided given the price of the room. Limited choice of cereal, poor quality bread and the only fruit was apple slices in a bag. Only one variety of tea too. We expect more from a continental breakfast and in many hotels receive hot food options when paying over $200 a night for the room.
The room itself was clean, beds comfortable and the nice little patio was an option for eating breakfast compared the rather gloomy breakfast room. Lovely view across the strait and easy access to the ocean front pathway for walking.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed August 1, 2019

We were traveling in BC and just arrived to Sidney from Squamish, BC. We had this Inn and Suites selected months before as our stop-over before heading out to Tofino, BC, and continuing our vacation.
Upon arrival, we had plenty of parking available. We were greeted by our host, Houston. He was very friendly and had our room ready. Even though we were there for just one night, Houston treated us like old friends.
The Inn is close to everything and within walking distance to shopping, restaurants, waterfront, etc., in Sidney. There is something for everyone.
If I am to mention one negative, it's the breakfast. It is very meager and not exactly suitable for those with some food allergies. So, if you are gluten intolerant or celiac, you can plan to have breakfast elsewhere. Or, you can just enjoy the yogurt and apples. Bottom line: Enjoy your stay. We did!

Room tip: If you have no mobility issues, take a room on the second overlooking the water.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2019

I so enjoyed staying at this hotel - I don't drive, I walk. The location was very handy. I was a half block from the main street, 3 minutes walk to the waterfront, 10 minutes walk to some interesting restaurants. Right across the road was a great grocery store. My room overlooked the road but next time (and there will be a next time) I will book a room on the other side of the hotel with a balcony overlooking the water. The staff are very friendly and give great suggestions where to visit, where to eat, what I might find interesting. It is not ultra modern; it is clean and comfortable, spacious bathroom; comfortable bed. They also have a free breakfast with coffee but I didn't try because I wanted to try the different breakfast places near by. But a word of warning there is no elevator.

Room tip: There is no elevator so you may want in inquire if they provide assistance if needed.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2019 via mobile

The staff feels like family, the views are breathtaking and the Inn is in the heart of it all, open water and downtown. Close to everything you need. If you are in need of vitamin sea...this is where you need to stay.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2019 via mobile

Stayed in a room with a sea view. We were looking across the parking lot. Thought we were getting a deluxe room. Room was okay. AC was very loud and the room was very warm. Room was okay but a bit tired. Breakfast was skimpy at best and could offer more for the price. Next time I will get a room above Cannery Row which has deluxe rooms closer to the water. Can’t beat the the location right by the water front and the wharf.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple