“Very good value at a bargain price”

and 1 more site!
Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Sidney
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We booked for one night at the Sidney Waterfront inn en route to the Gulf Islands. Our choice was made based on the price and, of course, the location. We had stayed at the hotel years ago and were interested to see what had happened in the interval.

Our room was small but spotless and we were impressed by the number of bath towels we were given. The price included the usual walk-in-pick-up breakfast which just what we wanted.

The desk clerks were friendly and helpful and we'd certainly stay here again. The location is perfect for a walk on the waterfront or a stroll down Beacon Avenue.

All in all, this was a very good experience.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front have a view but those on the back are cheaper. Noise was no problem.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank canadatraveljunkie39
SidneyHotel, Manager at Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear valued Guest; it is such a great compliment to have returning patrons. Our staff takes great pride in their daily interactions and will be pleased that you noticed. Thank you for your review.
Yours in hospitality, Denis Paquette GM.

There are newer reviews for Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My friends and I just returned from a weekend getaway in Sidney, and really enjoyed our stay in this hotel! We stayed here after a very positive recommendation from a colleague of mine, as well as from a love to be on the water. The Sidney waterfront allowed us that while staying on a very reasonable budget. To sum up our experience here, this hotel is a small boutique property that with everything you could want out of something that size. Friendly, accommodating staff (the front desk remembered, and addressed me by name throughout the whole stay), a beautiful setting, a central location, and a comfy room overlooking the water. If you're looking for a luxury, pampered experience, this isn't necessarily your hotel. But let me say I enjoyed a pleasant, relaxing weekend here, without all that pretentiousness you'll find at other hotels.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Pauline G
SidneyInn, General Manager at Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed weekend getaway here in sidney.Theres nothing quite like a relaxing waterfront setting to put your mind at ease.

Please let me know if I can of any additional assistance!

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed January 10, 2013

It's hard to find a decent hotel which is not overpriced during the holiday season. We chose Sidney Suites and did not regret it. We arrived by boat in the Port Marina on Xmas eve..walked up to the hotel..and got lost trying to find the lobby..it was in the older part, finally found it and checked in. We chose a Street View room as we had just spent hours out on the water..it was perfect..and quiet. It's the new part of the hotel and very well appointed..with a gas fireplace to cheer up the ambience..nice kitchenette and good sized table for eating( remember this is Xmas, a lot is closed, had brought a picnic), great bed, lots of pillows, beautiful ensuite. Sidney has some good restaurants where we were well fed before retreating to our hotel on Xmas day, an easy walk away on Beacon Ave. We stayed 2 days.

Room Tip: If you live in the region tell them, you get a break on the room rates
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank seeadler2
SidneyInn, General Manager at Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear guest, thank you for choosing The Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites and taking the time to share your experiences. I am truly glad to hear you enjoyed your holiday stay with us! While we rarely ger enough snow for a white christmas, I think anyone will agree Sidneys main avenue is quite beautiful when it is all lit up!

Sincerely hoping you enjoyed the rest of your holiday season, and please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed December 22, 2012

The Sidney Waterfront Inn is cozy, so comfortable, has the perfect location and the value is unsurpassed. The staff are friendly, the rooms have everything one could want and it's very relaxing. I travel often and stay at many different types of hotels, I have to say The Sidney Waterfront Inn is consistent in their product, delivery and offer a superb accommodation for a great value.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank emailgreg

Dear valued guest, Thank you for again for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourself. We pride ourselves on the ability to provide exceptional service at a great value and it gives us great pleasure to hear that reciprocated in your review!

We at the hotel look eagerly forward to your next visit! Please let us know if we can of any further assistance.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed October 19, 2012

This was our second stay here and we love the town of Sidney and this hotel. It's right on the waterfront which has a lovely path system and there are stairs to access the beach. We were travelling with our three dogs and it was totally stress free.

The rooms are clean and nice, internet is free, and there's a fridge and microwave. Perfect. And we had a fireplace - how sweet. As mentioned in an earlier review, there are frozen quesadillas in the fridge, along with some dried fruit and juice boxes - for your breakfast I suppose. Not my thing, but I never care about a hotel's free breakfast anyway. I do my own thing in that regard, but I respect this hotel's unique approach to making sure you have a bite to eat. And don't worry, Sidney is full of foody options. From take out to fine dining, it's all here.

I hope this hotel is around for a long time - it's perfect just the way it is. I've got to emphasize the staff here, from reservations to check out and all stops in between, there is a culture of kindness here that is appreciated and commendable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank DivaDuck

Thank you for sharing your experience of The Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites, It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! The town of sidney certainly has its charms, we're glad you and your family (especially the 4 legged kind) were able to enjoy them! We pride ourselves on the exceptional service our staff provides, and I am very pleased to know we were able to enrich your experience through it.

Myself along with our staff look forward to your next visit! Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed September 20, 2012

This hotel was upgraded from being a very low-end seedy place a number of years ago. I hadn't visited it in many years and was looking forward to the facelift. It IS better than it was, but it is still a middle-of-the-road hotel. The good points are: right on the waterfront, pleasant staff, close proximity to running/walking trails and of course the charm of Sidney itself. You are right downtown at this spot.
On the down side, breakfast is terrible. There is no restaurant service so instead they give you a burrito (!!) in your fridge along with a little fruit bag. I really have never had a burrito for breakfast nor do I know anyone who has. This hotel would be greatly improved with a modest restaurant area for breakfast. We would pay for that! For me, the burrito was left untouched and I went out and bought breakfast.
As well, there is no tea in the room. I am sorry; I am from British Columbia and many of us drink tea. This is British Columbia. So where is the tea?
This place is not cheap. I guess you pay for the location. But some of the basics would be appreciated.

Room Tip: The waterfront side is definitely preferable.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank BarbaraJVancouverBC
SidneyInn, Owner at Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Hello Barbara thanks to your review regarding our limited breakfast options we have now implemented a breakfast room, next to our lobby, where guests can have a choice of breads to toast, English muffins, breakfast cereals ( including an organic gluten free cereal), yogurt, milk or almond milk, coffee, tea, juice and fruit at no extra cost.

We are a family owned business who take reviews and suggestions, like yours, seriously. We look forward to having you join us again next time you are in town.
We would love to meet you and discuss our breakfast changes.
Thank you for taking time to give us your input.
Yours sincerely
Roselyn and Denis, owners

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Our second hotel in Canada, another gloomy room although very cumfy beds , the place offered no breakfast at all, when enquiring they wanted my disabled wife to walk a long way to some restaurant when there was an adequate cafe just a few yards away. We had a superb time in Sidney visiting relations. Our view was of the car park but we had declined to be on first fleer as there was no lift. Standards and prices in Canadian hotels bear little resemblance to the rest of the world .

Room Tip: I guess if you want super sea view you would need to be on first floor, it is right on the promenade...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DaveSpencer32
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sidney
The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa
Travelodge Victoria Airport
Beacon Inn at Sidney
Beacon Inn at Sidney
#1 of 8 in Sidney

Been to Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!