“Who'd A Thunk!?!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Victoria, Canada
“Who'd A Thunk!?!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

For such a busy place, service was quick and attentative. Ordered their Dessert Special which was Pumpkin Pie, expected a rubbery slice with canned whipped cream on the side, got a baked mini pie, sprinkled with Cinnamon and drizzled with Caramel. Perfect Combination, found right at YYJ Airport. Who'd A Thunk!?!

• Visited December 2012

Calgary, Canada
“As far as White Spots go, this one was excellent!”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This was the first place we saw when we were driving from the Airport to Victoria, so we stopped. :)
We ate here twice, once on the way to Victoria, and once when we were leaving the Island. We had 2 different servers and both were equally excellent. We really appreciated how they conscientiously assisted us in getting our picky daughter's meal just right.
The food was the same each time. Standards are being held. I think this is the best White Spot we have ever been to. I'm not usually a fan, but I really enjoyed these experiences.

Visited June 2012
Qualicum Beach, Canada
“The only game in town on a Sunday night!”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

We arrived in Sidney on a Sunday afternoon and on looking for a restaurant in Sidney that was open, could find none that were not 'fast-food' type places.

So we ventured out to the airport and ate at the White Spot.

We were greeted at the door by a host who turned out to be the manager. We asked for a booth. He told us we couldn't have a booth because there were only 2 of us and they needed to keep them open for larger parties. The next couple that came in after us were given a booth. They did not have anyone else join them making it a larger party.

The food was standard White Spot food - burgers and fries and were good. Service was quick and efficient. Our server was friendly and pleasant.

• Visited December 2011
Edmonton, Canada
“The service was so slow that I finally left”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

When my Westjet flight was delayed I headed to White Spot with a $10 coupon. I was seated immediately but no one came to take my drink order or my meal order. I saw a young woman who appeared to be a waitress standing by the cash register, but I could not get her attention so I finally asked the person who had seated me to bring me some water. When she finally came over ten minutes or so later, she walked away again saying she would be back in a few minutes. I left and had dinner elsewhere. This is an airport restaurant. People don't want to linger. The food is okay and I will return, but I will leave again if I have a similar experience in the future. I have to wonder who is managing this restaurant.

• Visited November 2011
Colwood, Canada
“A Good One”
Reviewed November 4, 2011

So I was on the lower Island this week and I stopped by for dinner with a friend at the White Spot on Highway 17 just before the Swartz Bay Ferry. It is in a kind of out of the way location but it is still driveable for most. The service was prompt, the booth was fine, in all sense of the word it was a good White Spot; as good as any I have been to in many different cities.
What made the trip memorable is that, being Sidney, there were a lot of elderly people coming in and the servers seemed to know them all by name. This impressed me. Then a little old lady came in alone and sat across from us. She looked a bit down and our server must have noticed this too because even though she was not in his section he would smile and chat a second as he went by. He was a good waiter and he had a human touch to him. Then word seemed to get around and other waitresses started to pop by briefly to say hi to her.
I do not know her story. Perhaps she suffered a recent loss. I really have no idea. But I loved the way the staff, while still doing their jobs well, went out of their way to cheer this lady up.

• Visited November 2011