“Best fish and chips EVER”
Review of Fish on Fifth

Fish on Fifth
Ranked #10 of 85 Restaurants in Sidney
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We always try to have a meal here when in Sidney, and it didn't disappoint. First time I've been there when every table wasn't taken. Very friendly and helpful staff, food was great. I love that the menu offers choices with your fish order - either just fries, just salad, or fries and salad 1/2 and 1/2. Their sweet potato fries are the best I'v ever had. And the price for four of us was less than $50 - can't beat that anywhere. The decor is fun, fish prints on the ceiling, local artwork with an ocean theme. Its really a fun place with great food.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

had a great time here, the food is good and the owners cleverly leave pieces of twine and instructions for making different knots - it keeps the patrons occupied while they wait for their dinner. I was a little disappointed at the inflexibility of the menu choices. I asked for the sweet potato fries with my dish but they only came with the other choice.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Even on a crazy busy night, service was great. Try the fried Macaroni and cheese. Portions are very large too.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've been here a couple of times and have been pretty happy with the food. The first time I had a halibut burger which was delicious but very messy because the halibut wasn't one piece but rather several smaller pieces. I mentioned this to the waitress and she apologized and explained that someone inexperienced had made that one while she had stepped out. Fair enough, because the next time I was there the halibut burger was one large, delicious, well cooked piece.

I've also had the halibut wrap which was very good, as well as the mixed salad which is excellent - lots of different greens and a very tasty vinaigrette dressing. I'm not a fan of deep fried food but I've been told the fish and chips were very good as well.

Service is fast and friendly.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I don't get out to Sidney very often but had heard through the grapevine good things about this funky little restaurant. I actually went in for another reason but since it was 5 decided to stay for dinner. I found it comfortable and liked the casual, interesting decor. There was just the cook and one waitress there but they were both very nice and friendly. While I was there a couple of people came in and ordered takeout and waited probably 10 minutes or so and then were out the door. There was only a couple of tables occupied when I got there but was filling up by the time I left. I had the grilled halibut which was cooked perfectly and delicious, along with 1/2 green salad and 1/2 fries. The salad was very good, better than your basic side salad. Several different veggies including beets and sprouts. I really like the fact you can get the fish either grilled or deep-fried. I don't eat fries very often but thoroughly enjoyed these. As for the perfect person complaining about a waitress forgetting to give the order to the cook, it's called life, these things happen. I can't imagine not returning because of that. The next time I'm in Sidney there's a very good chance I will be stopping in there again.