“Fishy Fun”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
“Fishy Fun”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

had a great time here, the food is good and the owners cleverly leave pieces of twine and instructions for making different knots - it keeps the patrons occupied while they wait for their dinner. I was a little disappointed at the inflexibility of the menu choices. I asked for the sweet potato fries with my dish but they only came with the other choice.

Visited October 2012

Traverse City, Michigan
“great service”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Even on a crazy busy night, service was great. Try the fried Macaroni and cheese. Portions are very large too.

Visited November 2012
Victoria, BC
“Good selection of fish dishes in Sidney, BC”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've been here a couple of times and have been pretty happy with the food. The first time I had a halibut burger which was delicious but very messy because the halibut wasn't one piece but rather several smaller pieces. I mentioned this to the waitress and she apologized and explained that someone inexperienced had made that one while she had stepped out. Fair enough, because the next time I was there the halibut burger was one large, delicious, well cooked piece.

I've also had the halibut wrap which was very good, as well as the mixed salad which is excellent - lots of different greens and a very tasty vinaigrette dressing. I'm not a fan of deep fried food but I've been told the fish and chips were very good as well.

Service is fast and friendly.

• Visited November 2012
Victoria, Canada
“Will definitely be back.”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I don't get out to Sidney very often but had heard through the grapevine good things about this funky little restaurant. I actually went in for another reason but since it was 5 decided to stay for dinner. I found it comfortable and liked the casual, interesting decor. There was just the cook and one waitress there but they were both very nice and friendly. While I was there a couple of people came in and ordered takeout and waited probably 10 minutes or so and then were out the door. There was only a couple of tables occupied when I got there but was filling up by the time I left. I had the grilled halibut which was cooked perfectly and delicious, along with 1/2 green salad and 1/2 fries. The salad was very good, better than your basic side salad. Several different veggies including beets and sprouts. I really like the fact you can get the fish either grilled or deep-fried. I don't eat fries very often but thoroughly enjoyed these. As for the perfect person complaining about a waitress forgetting to give the order to the cook, it's called life, these things happen. I can't imagine not returning because of that. The next time I'm in Sidney there's a very good chance I will be stopping in there again.

• Visited October 2012
Lake Cowichan, Canada
“deep fried everything”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The quality has suffered over the years but how can you go wrong with deep fried cheese stuffed olives or mars bars ?

Visited July 2012