“Hey, it's pub food!”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Kelowna
“Hey, it's pub food!”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

So the first thing to note is that the food in the Beacon Landing Pub comes out of the same kitchen as that in Beacon Landing Restaurant - they're the same place, notwithstanding the reviews that imply differently.

The second thing is that we were there on a slow night, so our service (which was prompt and courteous) may not be typical.

Third, this is basically a pub, so the food has to be regarded in that light. So it's a little pedestrian, not especially creative, and heavy-handed in some items like the slightly doughy pizzas. But what we had stacks up fine against pubs.

We went here because were staying at the Sidney Waterfront on the same property. I would do so again, but if I stayed closer to another restaurant, I wouldn't make a special effort to go to Beacon Landing.

• Visited February 2014

Grande prairie
“Sadly Disappointed.”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We looked forward to trying out this restaurant as the view of the ocean and pier are amazing! But sadly that is where it ends. The service was very very slow and the food was quite overpriced for what we received. I even watched the server drop a handful of cream onto the floor and scoop them up. She then placed them in a bowl on another table. The dirty dishes seem to get stacked right by the coffee station..not too impressed with the unsanitary conditions that I saw..Was a little worried about what I wasn't seeing. I keep a record book of all places that we eat at or stay at. It scores very low in my book. Despite the gorgeous view we will not be back to this restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
“Family Group, an excellent choice”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Seven of us went for dinner on a weeknight to celebrate a birthday and it was an excellent choice. No food complaints, service was great and our server had an answer for everything. Just the right mix of fine cuisine, burgers and appetizers, and the bill clocked in just short of $200 before tip. We didn't choose the restaurant but we were happy with the choice.

• Visited January 2014
Halifax Region, Canada
“Just so-so”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have tried this restaurant over and over, always thinking that the last time may have just been a bad time but it always disappoints. Servers are not good - abrupt and slow. The menu looks good but the food is never up to par. Prices are high considering the service and the food but I guess you pay for the view. Best view in Sidney.

• Visited August 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Take a ferry ride for a delectable landing.”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

While we came here for a late lunch, we also returned later in the evening for drinks. I'd recommend this place for meals and just casual fare at the bar. Service is superb, friendly and staff are knowledgeable, offering recommendations and relaxed chatter. Very informal, but welcoming. Nothing pretentious, even though you might think it from the décor. It's totally relaxed, but not noisy.
The food is terrific. I had a hard time choosing, but in the end, had a Portobello sandwich on excellent rye bread, deliciously adorned with piping hot mustard and other veggies. The fries are delectable, meeting the critical palate of any chip loving Briton!
I can't wait to return to this place, as the menu is so good, I want to work my way through it, sampling all the sumptuous fare. It may take some time, but it will be worth it! Locals are lucky to have this spot in their backyard.

• Visited December 2013