“Gluten free goodness!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

A friend and I had the pleasure of a great, healthy lunch this past Tuesday. I was a bit uneasy as to what we would eat, but my friend assured me that this restaurant has gluten free options that are just darn good! We both had chicken burgers made with plain grilled chicken breast on top of gluten free buns. We were also informed that we could have gluten free salad dressing. So good I wish I had asked to bring a bun home! Throw in that gorgeous view and you have a winner!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had lunch at this beautiful restaurant situated in Sidney BC. The ambience was very pleasant as it overlooked the waters of the Juan de Fuca Strait. I had the free range chicken with cheddar sandwich accompanied by the soup of the day. I don't know which I enjoyed more! Both were absolutely delicious. My husband had the seafood chowder which was also excellent. The service was prompt and very courteous. We cannot wait to return to this wonderful restaurant!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

came here for a drinks and dinner after a work conference on february 20. the service and food was generally fine, but the reason i write this negative review (and my first review for that matter), is because over 90 minutes after i had notified two different staff members that the women's washroom was out of soap, it still had not been refilled!! gross!! I know that many restaurants do not have separate facilities for patrons and staff, so although it is gross either way, if it is your prerogative to not wash your hands before you handle food that is one thing, but if you are preparing or SERVING me my food, um EW!!! the icing on the cake was that as you exit the washroom, directly in front of you is a wall mounted hand sanitizer dispenser which was ALSO empty. luckily, somebody at our table had some. gross gross gross! last but not least, when i notified the first server about the issue, her response was that the restaurant was currently very very busy. priorities please.

2  Thank slammm
Reviewed February 17, 2013

After a disastrous lunch at Brentwood Bay we decided to sup at the Beacon where we ate on a previous trip to Victoria and which we remembered well. It was worth the visit and definitely finished off the day properly. I had the NS Lobster and Blue Crab Papperdelle. Rich, in a light cream sauce, garnished with asiago and served with a generous portion of corn bread. Noodles were fresh, cooked perfectly. Seafood was sufficient and flavourful, not overpowered by the sauce. Portion was a good size, not too large but because of the richness sufficient and very satisfying. My wife had the Quadra Bay Scallops, as she had last time we were here. They were as good as she remembered, sweet, succulent, juicy, seared and perfectly cooked, large portion with 7 large scallops. Served on a bed of Applewood smoked bacon risotto, again done perfectly (Watching Hell's Kitchen I didn't think that was possible.). Well done. This is a place to keep on your list, particularly if you fly out of YYJ regularly.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Beacon Landing is more innovative than one would expect from a pub. It's seaside location in the town of Sidney BC with lots of parking makes it irresistible too. Beautifully fresh and gorgeously presented dishes at a good price. Drinks could use a little upgrade and finesse, but they give you blankets for the patio if it's too crisp.