“Would do it again in a heartbeat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Glacier Air

Glacier Air
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Since 1974! Glacier Air will guide you through one of the world's most exquisite coastal mountain ranges. You have to experience this! Whether you are sightseeing in an airplane, celebrating a special occasion, taking a flying lesson or wanting the thrill of an aerobatic flight, Glacier Air can customize an adventure just for you! Memorable, unique and affordable! Open daily, year round, for all ages.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Would do it again in a heartbeat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We had such a great experience with glacier air! My uncle had taken me on the tantalus falls sightseeing flight when I was 10. This year I decided to treat my husband and my 8 yr old step son to the same flight. We all had an amazing flight and unforgettable family experience! Francois our pilot went above and beyond, he told us tons of info on the mountain range, lakes, falls, planes, how to fly etc etc etc! Very knowledgable and friendly guy! We look forward to visiting the great staff at glacier air the next time we are in the area.

1 Thank Notallwonderersrlost
GlacierAir, Guest Relations Manager at Glacier Air, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Beautiful that you have "paid forward" your experience as a child with your son and husband! We are one big family here and enjoy providing families with the best flying experience ever. Thank you for visiting and we look forward to seeing you again. There is so much more to see up there.....

North Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Glacier Air's Aerial tour of the Tantalus Glaciers - AMAZING !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed Glacier Air's aerial tour of the Tantalus Glacier and the Squamish Valley. My wife and 10 year old daughter were very impressed with it as well. The pilot was knowledgeable about the area and was entertaining. This was an adventure we will never forget. The service level was exceptional and all the staff and owner felt like a family. Keep up the great work guys!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Moez J
The memory of a lifetime begins with a memorable experience....we are very happy to have provided you and your family with just that. For us the glaciers are part of our back yard, for you a scenic flight with gorgeous photos will remind you of our beautiful BC. Thank you for sharing. Come back and see us again sometime.
CA
3 attraction reviews
“GLACIERS AND VOLCANOES”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

We did the Tantalus Glacier Tour. Our pilot, Nico pointed out the landmark lakes, mountains and glaciers and gave us safe close up views. Geology came alive. Whistler and Squamish are gorgeous from the road and ski runs, but the view from the air is amazing.

The front office is friendly, response, and accommodating. Great value and looking forward to taking other Glacier Air tours of the area.

Visited September 2013
GlacierAir, Guest Relations Manager at Glacier Air, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
"Geology came alive". We love it! Yes, that is exactly what happens when you soar above the roads, ski runs, hiking trails and more, they all take on a whole new perspective and beauty. We are happy to hear you appreciate the value of your flight experience. Thank you.
Olympia, Washington, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome Sightseeing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Our family had a great one-hour sightseeing trip. The staff and pilot were wonderful, the cost was very reasonable, and the views were outstanding. We took our 11 and 7 year old and they loved it! Thank you Glacier Air!

Visited August 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

There's nothing quite like sharing a scenic flight as a family. We are thrilled your children loved it too, it is an experience you will all remember for years to come. It has been our privilege to offer our scenic flights for all ages and to see the joy, especially in the eyes of the young.
We appreciate your comments.
Victoria
“Best Experience Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Wow! What an amazing experience! I was coming from Victoria, BC for my very first flying lesson and very first time being in a small plane. It wasn't as scary as I was expecting, but I attribute a lot of that to the Glacier Air staff. The staff was AMAZING. So helpful, patient, and friendly throughout the booking and reservation process. Thanks Lauren! I had to cancel my reservation twice due to poor weather conditions (because I was coming all the way from the island - a 4-5 hour trip in and of itself). Their insistence on having me wait until weather conditions were optimal made me gain a lot of respect for the company. They are not just looking to sell their services; they are dedicated to making the experience the best that it can be!

When I finally got there, it was like coming home - warm welcomes and smiles all around :) The staff were just as they had represented themselves over the phone - friendly, informative, organized, and the list goes on. The weather was beautiful! I got paired up with a unforgettably amazing pilot that was definitely easy on the eyes ;) He made me feel incredible comfortable, calm, and positive about the experience that I was about to embark upon. This feeling of ease continued while we were in the aircraft where I got to fly a plane!! He was very informative, pointing out several sights and tourist attractions from above, so it was like a tour and flying lesson in one! I got to see Stawamus Chief, Shannon Falls and the Glacier all from spectacular new heights. I got to do everything... take off, land, spins, stalls, spiral dives, steep turns, slips and slow flight.... all with my pilot, Akshay, readily by my side correcting my imperfections of course ;) These are all things that you will learn during this wonderful experience. I learned so much and want to learn a lot more now.

Anyways, I will wrap this up. Best experience ever! I would recommend this to anyone. It has something for all different walks of life... scenic views for scenery lovers (AMAZING), adventure for adrenaline junkies (SO MUCH FUN), it's challenging for those that want to learn a new skill, and just an overall unforgettable experience. Great for a gift (which I was lucky enough to get) or to treat yourself to something amazing. A must do!

Visited August 2013
Can we say "wow what an awesome review"?! Thank you for sharing such a detailed perspective of our introductory flight, couldn't have said it better ourselves. What you saw and got is who we are and what we do all the time with everyone. Flying is our passion and we enjoy sharing and teaching aviation.