“Awesome Sightseeing!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Glacier Air

Glacier Air
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Since 1974! Glacier Air will guide you through one of the world's most exquisite coastal mountain ranges. You have to experience this! Whether you are sightseeing in an airplane, celebrating a special occasion, taking a flying lesson or wanting the thrill of an aerobatic flight, Glacier Air can customize an adventure just for you! Memorable, unique and affordable! Open daily, year round, for all ages.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Olympia, Washington, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome Sightseeing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Our family had a great one-hour sightseeing trip. The staff and pilot were wonderful, the cost was very reasonable, and the views were outstanding. We took our 11 and 7 year old and they loved it! Thank you Glacier Air!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

GlacierAir, Guest Relations Manager at Glacier Air, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
There's nothing quite like sharing a scenic flight as a family. We are thrilled your children loved it too, it is an experience you will all remember for years to come. It has been our privilege to offer our scenic flights for all ages and to see the joy, especially in the eyes of the young.
We appreciate your comments.

Victoria
“Best Experience Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Wow! What an amazing experience! I was coming from Victoria, BC for my very first flying lesson and very first time being in a small plane. It wasn't as scary as I was expecting, but I attribute a lot of that to the Glacier Air staff. The staff was AMAZING. So helpful, patient, and friendly throughout the booking and reservation process. Thanks Lauren! I had to cancel my reservation twice due to poor weather conditions (because I was coming all the way from the island - a 4-5 hour trip in and of itself). Their insistence on having me wait until weather conditions were optimal made me gain a lot of respect for the company. They are not just looking to sell their services; they are dedicated to making the experience the best that it can be!

When I finally got there, it was like coming home - warm welcomes and smiles all around :) The staff were just as they had represented themselves over the phone - friendly, informative, organized, and the list goes on. The weather was beautiful! I got paired up with a unforgettably amazing pilot that was definitely easy on the eyes ;) He made me feel incredible comfortable, calm, and positive about the experience that I was about to embark upon. This feeling of ease continued while we were in the aircraft where I got to fly a plane!! He was very informative, pointing out several sights and tourist attractions from above, so it was like a tour and flying lesson in one! I got to see Stawamus Chief, Shannon Falls and the Glacier all from spectacular new heights. I got to do everything... take off, land, spins, stalls, spiral dives, steep turns, slips and slow flight.... all with my pilot, Akshay, readily by my side correcting my imperfections of course ;) These are all things that you will learn during this wonderful experience. I learned so much and want to learn a lot more now.

Anyways, I will wrap this up. Best experience ever! I would recommend this to anyone. It has something for all different walks of life... scenic views for scenery lovers (AMAZING), adventure for adrenaline junkies (SO MUCH FUN), it's challenging for those that want to learn a new skill, and just an overall unforgettable experience. Great for a gift (which I was lucky enough to get) or to treat yourself to something amazing. A must do!

Visited August 2013
Can we say "wow what an awesome review"?! Thank you for sharing such a detailed perspective of our introductory flight, couldn't have said it better ourselves. What you saw and got is who we are and what we do all the time with everyone. Flying is our passion and we enjoy sharing and teaching aviation.
Squamish, Canada
“Flight training & Flying”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

My first time to actually sit in the PIlot's seat and takeoff, fly along some of the most beautiful coastline in the Sea to Sky of B.C. and land the plane. Glacier Air and their Chief Flight Instructor sitting next to me were fantastic to allow me this awesome item on my bucket list to be completed on a tremendous high note.

Visited August 2013
There's nothing like the freedom of flight! So glad you got a taste of flying and completed an item on your bucket list. Our introductory fights are an amazing experience, so much so that many have gone on to take our flight training course. It can be addicting! Thank you for sharing.
Lismore, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“worth every cent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

What you see from this ride has the highest WOW factor of any attraction we have been to on our trip thru Canada. We initially wanted to do a Helicopter trip but because there was a minium of 3 people this didn't work for us so we went for the plane trip which was a better option in that you cover more distance and see more sights up close. The pilot was great and was very skillful at giving us excellent views of the glaciers and mountains and lakes.

Visited July 2013
We are all about the "wow" factor! Many don't believe until they actually fly above the ancient glaciers, lakes, volcanic rock formations and more. The airplane ride definitely beats the helicopter tour in pricing and experience. Our Cessna's get almost as close and personal to the mountains as the heli, but for a fraction of the cost. Thanks for your awesome comments.
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Way to Impress Your Significant Other”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

The plane tour with Glacier Air was just incredible! It busted down all the myths one might have about flying. We felt absolutely safe with our mega easy going and confident pilot! In fact, before I saw the pilot, I expected him to look more like a retired militarist but ours was just a very nice young guy with no arrogance to tourists whatsoever. It seemed that he was enjoying the flight as much as we did and was happy to show us the masterpieces of mother nature :) My significant other got a chance to fly the plane and participate in taking off and landing. Finally, staff in the office was very friendly showing us the premises and sharing dozens of funny stories.

I guess I won't be able to describe the views we've seen...you just have to try. Glaciers, mountain peaks and lakes look so much different from the bird's eye view. We were enjoying each and every minute of our flight around Garibaldi Park. Coupled with clear sunny weather and relaxing Squamish, this was definitely one of the most memorable weekend days we had.

Visited July 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

We are so glad you impressed your significant other with our flight! The views are truly breathtaking but like you said, you have to see it for yourself. It gives us great pleasure to read reviews such as yours and we appreciate you taking the time to share.