“Flight training & Flying”
Review of Glacier Air

Glacier Air
Ranked #3 of 17 Tours in Squamish
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Since 1974! Glacier Air will guide you through one of the world's most exquisite coastal mountain ranges. You have to experience this! Whether you are sightseeing in an airplane, celebrating a special occasion, taking a flying lesson or wanting the thrill of an aerobatic flight, Glacier Air can customize an adventure just for you! Memorable, unique and affordable! Open daily, year round, for all ages.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Squamish, Canada
“Flight training & Flying”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My first time to actually sit in the PIlot's seat and takeoff, fly along some of the most beautiful coastline in the Sea to Sky of B.C. and land the plane. Glacier Air and their Chief Flight Instructor sitting next to me were fantastic to allow me this awesome item on my bucket list to be completed on a tremendous high note.

Visited August 2013
GlacierAir, Guest Relations Manager at Glacier Air, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
There's nothing like the freedom of flight! So glad you got a taste of flying and completed an item on your bucket list. Our introductory fights are an amazing experience, so much so that many have gone on to take our flight training course. It can be addicting! Thank you for sharing.

Lismore, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“worth every cent”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

What you see from this ride has the highest WOW factor of any attraction we have been to on our trip thru Canada. We initially wanted to do a Helicopter trip but because there was a minium of 3 people this didn't work for us so we went for the plane trip which was a better option in that you cover more distance and see more sights up close. The pilot was great and was very skillful at giving us excellent views of the glaciers and mountains and lakes.

Visited July 2013
We are all about the "wow" factor! Many don't believe until they actually fly above the ancient glaciers, lakes, volcanic rock formations and more. The airplane ride definitely beats the helicopter tour in pricing and experience. Our Cessna's get almost as close and personal to the mountains as the heli, but for a fraction of the cost. Thanks for your awesome comments.
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Way to Impress Your Significant Other”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The plane tour with Glacier Air was just incredible! It busted down all the myths one might have about flying. We felt absolutely safe with our mega easy going and confident pilot! In fact, before I saw the pilot, I expected him to look more like a retired militarist but ours was just a very nice young guy with no arrogance to tourists whatsoever. It seemed that he was enjoying the flight as much as we did and was happy to show us the masterpieces of mother nature :) My significant other got a chance to fly the plane and participate in taking off and landing. Finally, staff in the office was very friendly showing us the premises and sharing dozens of funny stories.

I guess I won't be able to describe the views we've seen...you just have to try. Glaciers, mountain peaks and lakes look so much different from the bird's eye view. We were enjoying each and every minute of our flight around Garibaldi Park. Coupled with clear sunny weather and relaxing Squamish, this was definitely one of the most memorable weekend days we had.

Visited July 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

We are so glad you impressed your significant other with our flight! The views are truly breathtaking but like you said, you have to see it for yourself. It gives us great pleasure to read reviews such as yours and we appreciate you taking the time to share.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mountain Flying 101”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I am relatively low time pilot (60hours) from the flat lands of Georgia. While vacationing in Whistler, I was eager to gain some mountain flying experience. I went up with Akshay and had a blast. He started me out slowly, and then added some close mountain flying as my confidence increased. I asked him for a little help with the landing, since the winds were so squirrel. I highly recommend this outfit to anybody, whether a pilot or just a sightseer.

1 Thank pringle-joe
GlacierAir, Guest Relations Manager at Glacier Air, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Coming from Georgia you certainly must have been thrilled with our mountainous terrain! One of our passions is teaching mountain flying to pilots of all skill levels. Thank you for commending us and we hope if you return to the Whistler area that you consider more mountain flying with us.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Belated anniversary gift”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The wife and I have just been on an amazing aerial tour of the mountains, glaciers, lake etc of the Whistler and Squamish region in beautiful British Columbia. Our pilot/guide was brilliant obviously very knowledgable of the area, he gave of information as to when and why the plane ride would be bumpy etc. very good landing. Was not on my bucket list of things to do, but has now been put on there and crossed off. The ground personnel where. Friendly and welcoming.
Highly reccomended

Visited July 2013
So glad you and your wife enjoyed soaring above our beautiful BC! Love the comment about being off then on then off your bucket list!! A great idea for all bucket lists! Thank you for sharing and we hope to see you again some day...