“Mountain Flying 101”

Glacier Air
Ranked #3 of 22 Tours in Squamish
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Since 1974! Glacier Air will guide you through one of the world's most exquisite coastal mountain ranges. You have to experience this! Whether you are sightseeing in an airplane, celebrating a special occasion, taking a flying lesson or wanting the thrill of an aerobatic flight, Glacier Air can customize an adventure just for you! Memorable, unique and affordable! Open daily, year round, for all ages.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I am relatively low time pilot (60hours) from the flat lands of Georgia. While vacationing in Whistler, I was eager to gain some mountain flying experience. I went up with Akshay and had a blast. He started me out slowly, and then added some close mountain flying as my confidence increased. I asked him for a little help with the landing, since the winds were so squirrel. I highly recommend this outfit to anybody, whether a pilot or just a sightseer.

1  Thank pringle-joe
GlacierAir, Guest Relations Manager at Glacier Air, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Coming from Georgia you certainly must have been thrilled with our mountainous terrain! One of our passions is teaching mountain flying to pilots of all skill levels. Thank you for commending us and we hope if you return to the Whistler area that you consider more mountain flying with us.

All reviews
"landmark"
"lesson"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed July 3, 2013

The wife and I have just been on an amazing aerial tour of the mountains, glaciers, lake etc of the Whistler and Squamish region in beautiful British Columbia. Our pilot/guide was brilliant obviously very knowledgable of the area, he gave of information as to when and why the plane ride would be bumpy etc. very good landing. Was not on my bucket list of things to do, but has now been put on there and crossed off. The ground personnel where. Friendly and welcoming.
Highly reccomended

So glad you and your wife enjoyed soaring above our beautiful BC! Love the comment about being off then on then off your bucket list!! A great idea for all bucket lists! Thank you for sharing and we hope to see you again some day...

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Took the flight over Garibaldi. Out pilor was great and the views were breathtaking. He even let me take off myself. My wife is expecting and he was very considerate that she have a smooth ride.

Thank you for your kind review. We aim to make sure everyone gets as smooth a ride as possible. Sometimes it can be bumpy but our pilots are well trained and experienced to let you know ahead of time of any possible turbulence. As always, if we deem the weather is not cooperating we will offer to reschedule or cancel a flight. Best of luck with your new bundle of joy!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We did the Tantalus Glacier Tour. The plane was very clean and looked the part. Our pilot briefed us and we set off. The views were amazing and he kept us informed.

Great value and i will certainly do it again

GlacierAir, Guest Relations Manager at Glacier Air, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for flying with us! Like we say.... Unique - Affordable - Memorable! We are glad you found good value in your flight, it is all about the experience from plane to pilot and beyond! Come back and see us again.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Our 80 minute charter with pilot Hiroshi Watanabe was the highlight of our amazing trip to British Columbia. As well as flying to accommodate our desire to see the region up close and personal, Hiroshi understood the needs of a professional photographer and gave me many great opportunities for fabulous photos which can be seen at www.jamescswartz.blogspot.com Our flight was made unforgettable by experiencing a G2 force turn and 2 zero gravity drops where my camera rose and floated above my hands. A definite must do if you plan to visit Squamish or Whistler area.

We are glad you had an awesome flight with Hiro! Photographers from all over are discovering our knack in accommodating the needs for professional photography. Pass on the good word and we hope you choose Glacier Air again for either your professional photo needs or to share the scenic flight with others! Thank you.