“Our room is situated above a live music venue!”

Sea to Sky Hotel and Conference Centre
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Squamish
Austin, Texas
“Our room is situated above a live music venue!”
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Well it's 12.30 midnight and I've been woken up by some band playing beneath me. I'm too exhausted to complain - and what's the point. I'm guessing this is probably the only entertainment in Squamish on a Saturday night and who am I to deny the Squamishian's their night out. Maybe we should of noticed we were over a bar??? Didn't even spot it when we came in. One thing in their advantage is it's not banging club music or I'd be throttling someone right now, probably my poor sleeping husband.
Apart from this disturbance (I'll try to sleep in tomorrow and amuse myself in the meantime by writing this review and finishing the brilliant Bill Bryson book I'm currently reading) this hotel is pretty good. Reasonably priced pit stop from Whistler. Free wireless which works well. A couple of restaurants nearby and a liquor store next to the lobby. Cable TV OK. The room was clean and in good condition. I'm only giving it a low score because of the disturbance. Luckily I do not have to get up at the crack of doom tomorrow to go to Whistler mountain for the day so I can sleep in - if I did I would give it an even lower mark. Riding the mountain sleep deprived is tough. I wonder what time these Squamishian's call it a night round here???

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the bar!!!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mevesysufres
SeatoSky_Hotel, Front Office Manager at Sea to Sky Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
We do have a few rooms located above a bar, they are not sold online but only as the last rooms and at a discounted rate at the Front desk so we can advise the guests about the location of these rooms.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
germany
Reviewed September 17, 2011

i've stay here for 3 days and for me it was a place like home...i have a very nice and clean room with the beautiful mountain views.the front desk agent are very helpful and really heartwarming.i enjoyed a lot and will comeback again......thanks a lot!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank natureloverever
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed September 3, 2011

This hotel is depressing and unappealing. It is located in a strip mall and while the restaurant is no longer in business, " the liquor store is open until 11pm"... and the rooms, while large and clean are ugly. Even though we moved to the "deluxe" room, which had been recently renovated (new furniture and bathroom), the sheets blanket and bedspread looked ancient and were scratchy and unconfortable. The decor was grim. I couldn't wait to get out and move just up the road to another hotel that was just a few dollars more.

• Stayed September 2011

Travelers are raving about these Squamish hotels

asheville,nc
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I usually like places that are quiet and off the beaten path. This one is not, but needed a place to stay for the night. Rate was excellent. 79 bucks! They had just renovated some rooms and she offered me to stay in the $79 (not renovated) or the $99 that was. I had a big room with 2 beds, refrig, micro and she asked if I wanted front view or back. I took back hoping less noise from main hwy in front. Still had a little view of the mtns. This place is right next to a strip mall with loads of stores and restaurants. No need to go anywhere. I enjoyed my stay here. Woman at desk was very nice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank gypsyiam
Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We were looking for a place to stay as we were doing some kayaking in Whistler and planning to hike the chief. The Sea to Sky Hotel ended up being a perfect fit, as it was great value, close enough to Whistler for a quick drive there and back for the day and gave us an opportunity to discover gems which we would have normally missed as we whiz by on our way to Whistler.

The initial impression upon entering the lobby really took me by surprise, as I wasnt expecting it to be so tastefully done and elegant and the service from the front desk was very warm and attentive (I think her name was Lauren...thanks :-) ).

The rooms were very spacious with 2 double beds and we had a nice view of the mountains at the back from our balcony. There was a flat-screen tv mounted on the wall and a microwave and bar bridge neatly hidden behind a cupboard, with a coffee-maker on top of it with complimentary tea, coffee & hot chocolate and cups & an ice-bucket. The complimentary wireless internet was an added bonus. The bathroom was a bit compact, but clean and convenient.

We enjoyed exploring some of the surroundings including the kitesurfers at The Spit, Squamish town and Brackendale (including the Watershed Grill Patio), but unfortunately the eagles weren't around at this time of the year.

There were lots of food options nearby and with an Extra Foods and a London Drugs in the same plaza, we had many options available to us.

We had a very enjoyable and adventurous weekend and will definitely be recommending the hotel to others. - ZP

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JiluPopat
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My name is Paul. Me and my wife love to travel. We are on a vacation every second week. I have seen every city in bc. I have stayed at many hotels. This hotel was amazing experience. I was in the deluxe room. Very clean. Nice hd tv. Fridge. And microwave. The staff manager mohsan was very friendly and gave us awesome customer service. Janic and Laura at the front receptionist were also doing there job really well. The spa is worth it. Overall. This has been the best hotel I ever stayed at. Good job keep it up. U will definitely have my business again :)

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Hockeyguy80
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Stayed here for a weekend away skiing & snowshoeing at Whistler & the Callaghan Valley so this was an excellent location at a good value, especially when Whistler was so full and expensive. Rooms were clean, quiet and had a great mountain view west. Rooms appear to have had recent upgrades - new carpet, furniture, paint & decor. Beds were very comfortable and had a great sleep. The microwave and fridge were very useful, hot tub is much appreciated after a day on the mountain.
Location is great, next to grocery store, excellent sushi and Indian restaurant behind the hotel, close by to other shops such as a pharmacy, wine & beer store, movie theatre, and shopping. I checked in the later evening - quick check-in and the night staff were friendly and efficient. The day hotel staff were very helpful and accommodating with late checkout. Overall a pleasant relaxing experience and I will be back again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo