“Food is excellent!”
Review of Kozo Cafe - CLOSED

Kozo Cafe
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

The "Super Hero" roll is excellent and quite possibly the best sushi roll that I've ever tried, even better than sushi rolls at Sachi Sushi in Whistler. The seared salmon sushi was excellent as well. I liked the look of the chicken teriyaki but unfortunately I found it a bit dry.

The look and feel of the place gives you the impression that the restaurant is closer to quick service style. The service is on the slightly slower side as the food is made to order.

Overall, I'd consider the dining experience excellent.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

If I could only eat Hiro's salmon tartar for the rest of my life, I would be happy.
Best lunch special in Squamish by far. Best rolls. BEST EVERYTHING.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Kozo is the best. I have tried many different places in BC, and none have ever come close to Kozo. The personal touch and eye for detail of Hiro, the chef and owner, makes the difference. Whether it is in regards to the ingredients, flavours, or presentation, it is all above expectations. There is a combination of all-time favourites and Hiro’s personal creations. My favourites include Salmon Tartar (on lettuce and avocado with an amazing plum dressing), Dragon Roll, and Spicy Yam Roll.

If you haven’t been here, you haven’t experienced the best.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Very good Sushi with the best sauces. Reasonably priced. I keep going back again and again. Can’t get enough.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This little gem is tucked away in downtown Squamish. It is a must for anyone who likes sushi. The sushi is unique and yummy! I don't think you'll find a California Roll on the menu! Check out the lunch specials on the blackboard!!