“Fantastic value”

Hotel Squamish
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Squamish
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

This is a great choice for the price. Very clean, well equipped, comfortable, lovely staff. Some aspects of our room were a little basic but I wouldn't expect anything else for the price and it didn't stop us enjoying our stay one bit. There was a full size fridge in the room and we especially appreciated the free laundry facilities. Overall, excellent for the price. Squamish is a great little town with loads to do all around it.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lingheadcrumple

Reviewed April 16, 2014

A cute, clean, well-priced place to stay. I chose to stay in Squamish due to high prices and low availability in Whistler in February, and it was an easy drive to the hill in the morning. Service was good - I booked my room on-line but had to make a change and Scott was very accommodating over the phone. I also had a free upgrade from a single to a double room upon arrival.

The only reason I did not give Hotel Squamish a higher rating is because of the music bass from the bar. I was not in a room directly above the bar, nor am I a light sleeper. I also duly used the ear plugs provided. Even still, I was woken up a couple of times after midnight as earplugs can only do so much to subdue strong, pumping bass.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful owner and staff. Very retro type of place. Lots of nostalgia in the area & hotel neighbourhood. Clean, quiet and safe. Pretty much crime free parking (there's always a bad apple). I have a Jeep with lots of easily taken accessories. Not a worry.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stopped in on way back from Whistler. Rooms were super clean and provided what was needed. Great water pressure in the shower. Beer store within building. Owner was super friendly and accommodating. Howe Sound Brewery Pub is 5 minute walk away. Squamish has a little gem there. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed February 22, 2014

This hotel, located 45 minutes from Whistler, is the best kept secret in the area. We paid only $65 a night compared to over $200 a night at Whistler. It was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Don't come looking for luxury though. The room is very basic but meets all the requirements for a relaxing night off the slopes. Highly recommended it to all!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room away from the lounge if you need a quiet place to sleep.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott M, Owner at Hotel Squamish, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

It's true. Our rates are lower than Whistler prices and, as Squamish isn't far from Whistler, it's definitely worth checking out. We're happy to hear that you found the Hotel Squamish to be a clean and comfortable place to return to after your day skiing in Whistler. We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I choice Hotel Squamish because I was visiting Whistler but prices there were very high. So I drove every morning from Squamish to Whistler and this was no problem as the drive is on one long straight road and takes about 50 minutes.

Hotel staff were very friendly, and attentive. It was clear that they genuinely cared about the guests.

Plus, free laundry facilities was a big plus for a traveller like me.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I had the single room, which was big enough, clean and modern.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Scott M, Owner and Operator at Hotel Squamish, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

You're right--free laundry is a lovely thing for a weary traveler and staying in Squamish is a great alternative to paying a higher price in Whistler. Thank you for your review, as well as your comments on our affordability and the genuine care of our staff.
We look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

My husband, our 2 small children and myself have had the pleasure of staying here, on and off for the past few months while we are under going renovations in our home, and could not imagine staying anywhere else. Scott and his wife Leslie have gone above and beyond to make us feel comfortable. We had to spend Christmas in the Hotel and with small children, that can be a very difficult task... Scott and his wife emptied a room, decorated it, tree and all so our family had a special place for a special morning :)

The room that we are in just so happens to be huge in comparison to the size of the hotel. When you walk in, you enter a living room that is fully furnished with a couch, tv, fridge, kitchen table and microwave, coffee maker and the best coffee I have ever enjoyed :)

It has a full bathroom and a bedroom with a door that closes that has 2 queen size beds and a gorgeous 51 inch on the wall.

The service here is immaculate and makes you feel at home. I can honestly say, that I cannot think of one time that I have not seen a smile anyone's face who works here! They are amazing women; super friendly.

There is a bar underneath and I would like to add that some people have been bothered by it, but my 2 and 3 year old have never been woken up due to the music, bass or people and my husband and I have fabulous sleeps every night :)

If you are looking for a place that is clean, cares about their customers, great location and great prices, then Hotel Squamish is for you.

I recommend this home away from home to all. You will never meet 2 people more dedicated to their customers and their business.

Much love from my family to yours, Scott and Leslie