“No sleep”
Review of Hotel Squamish

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Squamish
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Okay I'm not sure why such positive reviews probably because the room is mediocre clean for the rate. Had to get light bulbs and change the sheets because there was hair all over them. No water in the building or vending machine. The room had no seating area or table our stuff was left to be put in junky cabinets. Not to mention NO sleep probably because the place is full of residual energy - yes there is value in getting a building spiritually cleansed !

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank K J
chillyp, Owner at Hotel Squamish, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear kspiritt,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

First, let me apologize for your less than ideal stay. The hair you found on sheets is something that no matter how affordable a property is, should never happen. I do understand that this and the light bulb issue were remedied immediately by our front desk staff. Nonetheless, it should have never happened in the first place.

With regards to water in the vending machine. We do sell it in the store downstairs and most of us find Squamish tap water to be excellent. However, we will keep this in mind when we review our agreement with our vending machine operator soon.

As for your poor sleep quality, we note you booked a room above our bar and this was disclosed to you at booking, and again at check-in. You didn't mention any noise issue, so I would assume this was from the residual energy and spiritual cleansing needs. I must admit, I had to spend some time on google to research this. In the interest of guest satisfaction, I'm open to discussing the merits of spiritual cleansing. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you wish to discuss it further.

Regards,
Scott McQuade
Owner and Operator

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed in a nice and clean room. We had a free use of all laundry facilities. Good value for the money. The weather was real bad but thats not to blame on the hotel. We recomment this hotel to all travellers.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ties54
Scott M, Owner at Hotel Squamish, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Thank you for your recommendation and your kind comment on the cleanliness of our rooms. We do our very best to provide clean, comfortable lodging for weary travellers. Free in-house laundry sure comes in handy--especially if you get caught in the rain! Come visit us again when the sun is shining.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed one night September 19. Despite being a traditional old hotel with pub and win & beer store it was as quiet a place as I have ever stayed. The room was what I think of as bed and breakfast style. It was recently renovated and as clean as it could be. People on the desk and the manager were all helpful and good natured. There is in room coffee but no phone. The high speed internet worked very well. Value for the dollar cannot be beat.

C. Smith

Room Tip: I know 110 is great though it fronts on the street. I requested a quiet location when I booked
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

We aim to provide excellent service to all guests of Hotel Squamish, including those who appreciate peace and quiet. Our rooms are simple, comfortable, and affordable--and they have coffee so that you don't have to hit the street so early. We are looking into the possibility of getting phone service for our rooms. Thank you kindly for your positive feedback.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

My son and I traveled from Oregon alone for a BMX event. I was nervous about feeling safe in what seemed like a hole in the wall. To my surprise, I felt really comfy, the room was great for the price! There wasn't air conditioning but a fan was supplied and a window that opens so the room felt fine. We stayed on the opposite side of the bar and was not bothered by any sound. I will definitely stay there again in the future!

• Stayed: September 2013

We're happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised by our low-key gem. Squamish can certainly get busy during its many sporting events and we like that you found your room comfortable and affordable. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My room at Hotel Squamish was clean and a great value. The staff was extrememly nice and very helpful. The guest laundry is a really nice amenity.

I would highly recommend staying here if you are looking for a good value. The walls are a little thin so my neighboors shower woke me up but this was the only negative. Everything else was great!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Scott M, Manager at Hotel Squamish, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Thanks for your positive feedback on our clean rooms and friendly service. We're happy that our guests appreciate that we keep the quality of service higher than the room cost! Again, thanks for recommending us to others.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is a very charming, recently remodeled 100-year old hotel. The room and bedding/bathroom were very clean and updated. The view out of my window was none other than the Chief (the Stawamus Chief) which was awesome. Overall I found the accommodations very nice and comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. Free laundry machines (soap just a buck) were a great bonus. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't want noise from the pub below, ask for a room farther away from it (rooms on the ea...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

We're also proud of the hotel's history, so it's nice to hear that the renovations are appreciated by our guests. A little freshening up goes a long way, right? We think it's important to pay attention to little details--like free laundry facilities.Thanks for the positive feedback about the friendliness of our staff and the comfort of your stay. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is great and clean - no complain there. It's perfect. BUT there is a bar at street level in the same building and they play loud music until 2am, so if you want to sleep, this is NOT the place.

• Stayed: September 2013
chillyp, Owner at Hotel Squamish, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate and value all feedback.

Thanks for the compliments regarding the hotel and it's cleanliness. It's something we take pride in.

I did want to address your comments about the bar noise. While it is true there is a bar on the property and some rooms definitely will hear noise in their rooms on certain nights. It should be noted that we also very clearly identify those rooms as such, and offer them at a discounted rate.

Most of the rooms we offer are not above the bar, and will not hear any noise. Please feel free to contact me personally if you feel this wasn't the case with your reservation, as it's something we take great efforts to get right.

Regards,