“First time flying!”

and up
Squamish Explorer Flightseeing Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: We’re a small company with a big goal: Promote environmental awareness and protection of our region by taking 1,000,000 people in to the Squamish wilderness, regardless of their age or fitness level. Our mission is simple, but from the heart. We believe that for humans to want to protect any piece of pristine wilderness they must first know the exhilaration that comes from spending time in the mountains and oceans. Sea To Sky Air was created so that you don’t have to be a seasoned hiker, a backpacker, or a bold adventurer to experience the super, natural Squamish attractions that lay in our protected parks, ecological reserves, and conservancies. In our small aircraft and floatplanes everyone has the chance to experience the enjoyment of being amongst ancient mountains, plateaus, valleys, lakes, rivers, fjords, and wetlands, without the need for expert knowledge or backcountry equipment. We hope that once you see what’s out there you’ll want to protect it, too.
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“First time flying!”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Amazing experience! A perfect day and had such friendly staff!

SeaToSkyAir, Manager at Sea to Sky Air, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We're so happy that you enjoyed the tour. You are welcome back anytime!

Surrey, Canada
“Great experience!”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

It was a really great first flight experience for me. I was flying almost 50% of the 30min flight with Eric. It was nice to train and feel the aircraft and winds around. My instructor answered all questions I had on the way and his explanation was practical and to the point. It was easy to start controlling the plane afterwards.
Nice that they do track all your flights together with instructor and it can be counted as flight time if you are up to your own pilot license.
Good option that you can setup a flight to anywhere the general tours go and add $50 on top and you can control the plane yourself with help of instructor all the way. Also personal arrangement can be made. Those guys are very flexible on this!
I didn't expect so much of shaking and so on though. If you bring guests with you not all of them might feel good afterwards. You are a still kind of flying after landing.
Overall good experience though! I would try it one more time but for longer flight.

Visited April 2012
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great flight, love it and now I want more...”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

OMG that was so much fun, a real treat to fly again after almost 40 years. Thanks Eric for making it happen and taking us up, it is so good to enjoy the thrills of light aircraft flight and to take the controls again, especially flying over Howe Sound and Squamish. I must say I am bitten by the bug and now have to see if budgeting $12,000 to get my own license is possible... what a thrill thank you Vinni for the flight experience Groupon as an awesome present !

SeaToSkyAir, Manager at Sea to Sky Air, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
It was my pleasure J! Howe Sound and Squamish are definitely up there on "spectacular places to conduct flight training". Stay in touch!
Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada
“Sky High Experience”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Had a great time with these personable, knowledgeable and helpful pilots. I learned a lot and had a very memorable experience and I could even bring my wife and buy a trip extension which was so worth it. They let me fly for mover 95% of the flight, with excellent guidance and the ability to take over if I chose to relax and take it all in.

Visited April 2012
SeaToSkyAir, Manager at Sea to Sky Air, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
Thanks for the stellar review! 95% is considered an A+ most places! So, great job! It was a pleasure flying you and yours as well!
North Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sweet but far too short...”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My only complaint about my first flight lesson, over supernatural Howe Sound, was that it was over way too soon after it began -- like a half hour. The scenery was spectacular, pilot instructor Carl was great, the experience was exhilarating, but it was too quick! Not too bad, though for a $99 (with Groupon) thrill.

SeaToSkyAir, Manager at Sea to Sky Air, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
This sounds to me like a case of the "flying bug"! If 30 minutes of flying was not enough for you, maybe we can look forward to seeing you again for an even better excursion!