“Great food and atmosphere”

Howe Sound Brew Pub
Ranked #1 of 93 Restaurants in Squamish
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Enjoyed a dinner here recently on a 2 day visit to Squamish. All three in our party enjoyed our meal - my veggie burger was outstanding! We tried a few of their beers and were really impressed. We really enjoyed the atmosphere and would visit again the next time we're in town. I would be tempted to stay at their hotel as well.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

I would rank this as one of the 10 best meals in my life. We may have just lucked out but we arrived in Squamish after a short drive from North Vancouver. Walked up the stairs and asked
for a table on the patio, Were seated at a table outside and probably the best seat in the house in that it would be the last table to receive direct sunlight. My wife ordered the Moroccan Chicken flatbread and it was great. I was going to to order fresh oysters on the half shell and the waitress suggested you could also get them roasted. I ordered the roasted and they were great. Topped with smoked salmon and cheese. Perfect. Will be sure to attend again.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

We had heard great things about this place but have yet to try the food or drink. Terrible service. Long wait for table, menus, service - when only about 10% of the seats were full - then had one of the rudest servers I have ever encountered. We had a couple of questions about the menu and the replies were - at best - both condescending and patronizing. The initial drinks order was incorrect. We had to call the server back - no apologies whatsoever, just more rude and patronizing behaviour. On our way out, we did tell the server we were leaving and to cancel our order .....and even then no response or inquiry as to why we were leaving !

1  Thank Tofinogirl2002
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This pub was great! The menu was interesting for sure. Lots of selection. I had the veggie burger. It was a little dry but overall good. The burger was obviously made fresh. Cesar salad and French fries were also great. Beer was delicious.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We ate here twice while staying in the hotel: the convenience is the obvious first plus.

The beers they brew are excellent. I'm an ale drinker and their two IPAs were great; nice and hoppy with good overall flavour. I have to say that their bitter was one of the best beers I've had in a long time; also pleasantly hopped but with that extra body I expect of an ESB: it reminded me of Brakspears ESB from the UK.

The food was also very good. The first night we both had pizzas and my wife's wild mushroom one was extremely flavourful: my Moroccan chicken was good too. The second night I had their lamb pot pie & my only suggestion would be that some red wine and rosemary would have added to the experience. My wife's ribs were nicely smoked and not over-powered by the sauce.

They have plenty of staff so service was very prompt. The staff are also very helpful and are eager to give suggestions, which is good as the menu is quite extensive and includes a seasonal sheet. The patio is extensive but can get a bit breezy.

Staying at the hotel and eating here made our visit to Squamish very enjoyable - thanks!