“Brew with a view”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“Brew with a view”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This pub was great! The menu was interesting for sure. Lots of selection. I had the veggie burger. It was a little dry but overall good. The burger was obviously made fresh. Cesar salad and French fries were also great. Beer was delicious.

Kelowna BC
“Wonderful craft beers and above average pub food!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We ate here twice while staying in the hotel: the convenience is the obvious first plus.

The beers they brew are excellent. I'm an ale drinker and their two IPAs were great; nice and hoppy with good overall flavour. I have to say that their bitter was one of the best beers I've had in a long time; also pleasantly hopped but with that extra body I expect of an ESB: it reminded me of Brakspears ESB from the UK.

The food was also very good. The first night we both had pizzas and my wife's wild mushroom one was extremely flavourful: my Moroccan chicken was good too. The second night I had their lamb pot pie & my only suggestion would be that some red wine and rosemary would have added to the experience. My wife's ribs were nicely smoked and not over-powered by the sauce.

They have plenty of staff so service was very prompt. The staff are also very helpful and are eager to give suggestions, which is good as the menu is quite extensive and includes a seasonal sheet. The patio is extensive but can get a bit breezy.

Staying at the hotel and eating here made our visit to Squamish very enjoyable - thanks!

Surrey, Canada
“Hold the salt”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Busy pub with a young crowd featuring a varied menu from surf to turf. We ate outside on the patio and when the food came we were swatting at the flies. My red snapper was nearly ruined by the salty sauce spread over it. I could also see crystals of salt on the nugget potatoes. The waiter was solicitous and would have replaced it if I'd pressed the issue. I didn't want to spoil the mood of a great day our group had enjoyed so I picked away at the lower levels of fish and veggies and avoided dipping them in the sauce. Why don't the chefs taste-test their offerings or go light with the seasoning and trust that people can always add more salt if they want? The manager insisted on giving me a big bottle of their on-site brew. Their beers are good.

Visited July 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

After a 4 day backpacking trip near Pemberton this was a welcome stop on the way home. We were starving after eating dried food the whole trip and were highly pleased. The food and beer were great and the service was very nice. Yum!

• Visited July 2014
“Great beer, food, and atmosphere”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Stop in on our way back from whistler and this was by far the highlight. I've had their brews before and have always enjoyed them, so it was great to get to try more beers from them. Prices are reasonable and the food was good as well. In the future if consider I night there rather than the trek to Whistler.

• Visited June 2014