“Bring your appetite!”

Ranked #13 of 99 Restaurants in Squamish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My wife and I stumbled into Chef Big D's quite by accident. Our good fortune was to find a great eatery. We arrived about 1:00 pm on a Thursday in early April to find the place somewhat crowded with only one table for two available. I observed lunches being served to tables nearby and quickly decided that the portions were too large for me. We were greeted right away by friendly staff. We shared the hot pastrami sandwich. It was delivered on two plates with a small garden salad and a crispy dill quarter. The combination of mustard, sauerkraut, and pastrami was perfectly balanced. (The mustard was uniquely delicious). Service was excellent as was the sandwich...the best we ever ate! It is true that this place has only one unisex washroom. If you are bothered by this fact...go for the great food and service...not for the washroom.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I went for brunch last Saturday. Sat down at a dirty table because ALL the empty tables were dirty... ;-P. Anyways, the waitress was quirky and I found quite funny. Food was pretty good. One washroom in the whole place - and I mean one. For men and woman. Was waiting in line to use the restroom, which is right outside the kitchen and saw things that a person whom is eating at the restaurant doesn't really want to see. One example....a "helper" sneezing right into a bowl that she then put shrimp into....GROSS. Won't be back...sorry. Go to Timberline instead!

2  Thank Heather M
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Best breaky in town! I love everything about this place. The service is very friendly and efficient, the food delicious and well priced. The portions are huge! Love their fresh breads. Keep up the good work!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

They came with poached eggs on them, of course we asked for Hollandaise sauce too! My friend and I traded each other 1 eggs benny for a Crab Benny as having two crab cakes is a bit too rich. Locally owned, husband and wife run.

Definitely will go again next time I'm in Squamish!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

First off, sitting at a dirty table is very rude indeed. There is a sign at the entrance that blatantly says to sit at a CLEAN table.
I go to Big D's all the time. Food is consistently good and come in big portions. Service is friendly. This place is busy all the time because people know it's the best place for breakfast and lunch.