“restuarant etiquette”

Ranked #15 of 92 Restaurants in Squamish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Maybe you didn't know this, when you sit at a dirty table you are being rude. It's akin to butting in line at a playground slide or pulling off an 'end-run' at your office, or entering a movie late and then expecting the theatre should re-start the movie because you in your arrogance and entitlement expect preferential treatment.
This is a very busy beehive of a family-run business. The servers run as fast as they can and as such it is difficult to track everyone by face recognition. When you sit at a dirty table the server, at most busy restaurants, can't tell if you are just finishing or just arriving and it throws the flow and rythm of things. I know because I've been a server.
There is an etiquette, or common courtesy to follow whether you are a customer or an employee/owner.
Most of us would get pretty testy if day after day, hour after hour, people kept interupting prodedural protocols and then blaming us when work isn't completed on time or errors are made.
I've eaten at this restaurant since it first opened. The food is fresh, affordable, of high quality, delicious; they make variations for me so I can always 'eat healthy'. Quirckey and quaint- I love it!
Susan

There are newer reviews for Chef Big D's

Reviewed September 22, 2012

If you want rude staff & a sarcastic / offensive owner then you'll love this place. We walked out after the waitress made sarcastic comments because apparently we sat at a table that had still to be cleaned & then the owner made equally obnoxious remarks. Happily spend my money elsewhere ... don't care what the food is like if the service is this bad. Sounds like the owner still needs to get over himself from his issues with expanding the restaurant without permits.

3  Thank Bonzai_12
Reviewed August 13, 2012

A decent, non-greasy breakfast at a great price. The portions are large- I had trouble finishing the "small breakfast"! I liked the sliced potato hashbrowns and the cranberry sourdough toast. I would have given this place 5 stars, except that the coffee is bad.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Don't expect American Hashbrowns here - they slice their potatoes and Sautee them = very good
I had an excellent omlette and wife had waffles that she loved Waitress was attentive and friendly.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

The food here is exceptional, lots of yummy items on the menu. The best breakfast in downtown Squamish. It is usually full of locals. The service is good, a bit slow at times.