“Food okay, service could be much better”
Review of Chef Big D's

Chef Big D's
Ranked #16 of 102 Restaurants in Squamish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I used to go here with my kids fairly often until other new restaurants started opening up in Squamish. I always ordered the crab cakes which are tasty. Kids would have the pancakes. They have since expanded which looks like it would be much better now as you used to be cramped in almost sitting on top of other tables. The service is dreary however. There is no greeting when you walk in. Sometimes it feels like you are inconveniencing the wait staff. I went to buy gift cards and was made to feel like I was doing something wrong!! I haven't been back for awhile mostly because of the service. I just don't feel welcome.

1  Thank cantravellor

Reviewed July 20, 2012

The best Caesar salad you will have at a non-5 star restaurant. Nice staff and good service., easily one of the best in squamish food.

Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

And it was awesome! Driving around Squamish looking for a place for breakfast because the Whistler spots were crazy busy. So I checked Trip Advisor and found Chef Big D's. It did not disappoint! The food and service was great. It felt like we were locals and we were at our regular haunt. Highly recommend it to tourists looking for great value and yummy food.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

The food is decent. My burger was cooked to "crispy" which detracted quite a bit from my enjoyment. All the fix in's were fresh and the overall quality of the meal was high.

The atmosphere is a bit rustic - as in old and unattractive, not as in scenic - but the overall experience was OK.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Fresh food, large portions. If you like a good old fashioned fry up, this is the place for you. The chef takes genuine pride in his food, and while it is simple hearty fare, the quality is very high. Everyone who works here seems to have been trained properly by the chef himself.