“Incredible service”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Squamish
New York City, New York
“Incredible service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

We had an absolutely horrendous rental car experience, which seriously threatened our plans to ski at Whistler this past weekend. Karen Drgon was the only person at the desk on Thursday evening, but she went out of her way to assist us when we were at our wit's end as a result of the rental car nightmare we had been dealing with since that morning. She handled all of our queries and requests in a very gracious and positive manner, and never once seemed stressed or overwhelmed.

My husband and I have traveled extensively all over the world and have stayed in many different hotels, and I have never before been so impressed with a hospitality industry employee. Karen is a true service professional and we are extremely grateful to her for making our stay such an incredible one.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lilybethmckenzie
Jared S, General Manager at Executive Suites Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us at the Executive Suites and recognizing one of our Service Superstars "Karen". She will certainly be thanked and recognized for this wonderful comment! We hope to welcome you back to the resort soon!

Happy New Year!

The Executive Team!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Vancouver BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

I was prompted to comment due to the recent posting that a guest was shocked at the hotel management's behavior at seeking pre-payment of the hotel costs. In my experience we have always been asked for that and it is normal practice. I see nothing wrong with that requirement.

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in Fall 2013 and really enjoyed the stay. The facilities were all in great condition, the view of the golf cpourse was beautiful and the peacefulness and serenity were most welcome. The stay was so nice I received a promise to be taken back for a Christmas present and I really look forward to that.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jared S, General Manager at Executive Suites Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
I wanted to thank you for your comment about your recent stay with us at the Executive Suites. I hope you enjoyed your Christmas and look forward to seeing you at the Resort soon. Thank you as well for letting our reader know about standard hotel procedures. That was much appreciated!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed at the Executive Suites Hotel & Resort in Squamish while enroute to Whistler. We stayed in the two bedroom suites for one night. The resort is just nested off the side of the highway so it's very quiet and serene. The suite itself was not very big but the rooms were well utilized. Decor was modern and chic. Kitchen was very equipped with all the utensils. It was an enjoyable stay for all. I will definitely return and would recommend to anyone who plan on going for a visit!!

Room Tip: If you are travelling with family, I definitely recommend going for the suites with full kitchen. Th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I am so glad to here you had a wonderful time at the resort with your family. An fond our Resort to be so "COZY" .. I just wanted to let you know that all of our rooms are equipped with full kitchens so no worries about asking for that on your reservation request.... They are all equipped with a fridge, stove, dishwasher, micro, and all the kitchen supplies you would need.

Thank again for rating the resort so highly..

General Manager.
Kitimat, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

My wife and I had planned to stay at this hotel on October 19 for 8 nights. We had negotiated a great rate-slow season. When we arrived to check in, the front desk clerk started to take my credit card for an imprint(which I thought) and she inputted an $1100 charge, in advance for the length of my stay. I was shocked-especially when our bill would be around $800 for 8 days! I told her to stop and asked for the manager to come explain these charges. He came out a few minutes later and tried to explain this was standard to charge for damage deposit and the the length of our stay. We started to explain to him that we never informed that this would happen, we were planning to pay at the end of our stay. Well, he offered us to pay on a daily basis-but not at the preferred rate we had agreed upon. This was a total shock and my wife and I tried to ask questions to the manager on why this is. He wouldn't let us ask questions without interrupting and then he said we would be responsible for a cancellation fee. We tried to explain to him that we were not informed and we are not going to pay a cancellation fee. He then took our reservation paper and ripped it up in front of us and yelled " you are not staying here, just leave". Shocked, we left, totally flabergasted. I cannot believe-when customers are key to having and keeping a business-this guy was totally unprofessional and rude.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Superdavekitimat
Jared S, General Manager at Executive Suites Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Sometimes as a manager you have to make tough decisions and there are always two sides to every story. In this instance this potential guest did not want to pay for their room, taxes and incidentals at check in. Saying “she has never heard of a hotel taking payment at check in.” Her husband explained that all the other hotels on their trip took credit off his card and he did not have enough on it. My guest services agent was being verbally assaulted by his wife when she tried to gain payment from a credit card and tried to explain the hotel policy of securing payment on the account prior to check in. The guest service agent was simply trying to explain hotel credit procedures. The potential guest did not want to hear her explanations and asked to speak to the manager. I was happy to arrive at the front desk to assist in the process. She had then stormed away from the desk and went outside. I tried to first deal with her husband on the issue and offered the following; to simply take room and tax on his credit card, to take payment on debit card, or even take a cash payment. I also suggested that we could even take payment day by day until he got his credit card issue dealt with. At this point his wife came back to the desk and started raising her voice in the lobby and saying I have never heard of a hotel taking credit on the card at check in. I understand her frustrations about not having money to pay for the room, taxes and incidentals offering again to take payment day by day for their 7 day reservation. As well reiterated that they could pay cash or debit, giving them time to sort out there credit card issues and letting them check in. She refused this as well, got even more upset and said that she is cancelling the “$%#&” reservation. With the hotel being full we do have a 48 hour cancellation policy which I explained to her. At this point I said I will certainly cancel your reservation without penalty and we won’t be billing them a cancellation charge. She again verbally attacked me. At this point she became no longer a guest but a security risk; I ripped up her reservation and asked her to leave. I had to make a decision that is sometimes tough between the customer is always right or is she trying to scam the hotel? Or do I want someone in the hotel that acts in this manner in verbally assaulting staff? I can honestly say that we did everything possible to make this potential guest happy, and that she was one of the most difficult individuals I have ever dealt with in my 30 plus years in hospitality.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Great location. Our room was very comfortable. The dining room provided great service and very good and affordable food. An added bonus was the rafting company located right in the hotel. We had a superb day rafting down the river.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Joy J
Jared S, General Manager at Executive Suites Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Joy J

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about the Resort. We are so happy you enjoyed the room accommodation, rafting and Living Room restaurant. We hope to welcome you back really soon.

Again thanks for letting everyone know we are fabulous!
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

We were recently on a ten day trip in Western Canada. We spent our time in places along the Vancouver-Whistler strip. Stay in Squamish and this hotel was definitely one our highlights. the hotel is situated in ideal surroundings for our taste. Quiet, modern place with amazing views and a very friendly staff. The rooms are nice, balconies are great place to relax, and bedding was comfortable. We had breakfast in the restaurant which was good and again came with breathtaking views. Tip -book the place through hotel's website, pay a little extra and get a room with mountain view. It's away from the road, very quiet and you will have heavenly time. The hotel also let us use their bikes for free and I enjoyed a nice ride in the small town of Squamish. My four year daughter still talks about this place as one of her highlights too.

Room Tip: Definitely book Mountain View room via hotels website,
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank mkaslam
Jared S, General Manager at Executive Suites Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about your experience at the Resort and we are truly happy you enjoyed your stay and all the beautiful surroundings. I would also like to thank you for ranking us so high in your customer responses. We don't always get things perfect but we do try our very best.

Kind Regards,

Jared Sissons, General Manager.
Kelowna, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

This used to be a nice place to stay while we are in Squamish but has lost its edge. The rooms are not getting cleaned properly and ours was disgustingly dirty, the rooms numbers had been removed from the hallway so they just used a pen to write it on the wall we had to walk past a few times to find our room, unsafe in case of an emergency. We had to leave the hotel for our meals during our 3 day stay even for Sunday breakfast because the resturant was closed, they rented it out , unacceptable. Last time in Squamish we stayed at the Sea To Sky Hotel and it was
great value, lots of resturants and things to do with-in walking distance. Oh and small beds that
make for an uncomfortable sleep when used to a king.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cliff1955
Jared S, General Manager at Executive Suites Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
I would like to thank you for your response and I do apologize that the Room Sign door number was missing.. "ROOM 420" .. This sign seems to be a regular problem with guests stealing it as it has some other meaning and we are constantly replacing it.. I am sorry that it was missing though out your stay as we have ordered a new one. I do want to comment on your response about the restaurant. Living Room is one of the most popular restaurants in the City of Squamish and sometimes it does get booked out for special occasions such as family parties, weddings or other special events. This is a normal standard business practice of any successful restaurant to be a place for people to gather to celebrate. On this particular occasion the restaurant was hosting a celebration of life ceremony for a well respected member of our community. We are sorry if this caused you not to be able to have lunch however we had posted this information in the hotel prior to the event.

Thank you for your comment.

Regards,

General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Squamish
Sandman Hotel & Suites Squamish
#1 of 1 in Brackendale
Mountain Retreat Hotel
Mountain Retreat Hotel
#5 of 8 in Squamish

Been to Executive Suites Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!