“Good But Not Great”

Polly's Cafe
Ranked #22 of 70 Restaurants in Terrace
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We have returned to the North after over 15 years and decided to try out Polly's Cafe as it had been the best Chinese food in Terrace when we had left. I have to admit that the food wasn’t up to the standard I wanted, or expected but it was good and presented quite quickly in a professional and friendly manner. I agree with other reviews that the quality is lower than in city centres where there is much more competition and choice. I haven't found a better Chinese restaurant in the north so far. The greatest disappointment was watching a waitress clean off an adjacent table by wiping the food onto the floor and then leaving it there. Yuck. It almost put me off my meal.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is just your basic Western style Chinese food restaurant but it is always good. I have never been disappointed with the food or the service at Polly's. If you're looking for authentic Chinese you've gone too far North, if you want some good old greasy Western style Chinese food, this is the place! If you want a nostalgic dining experience eat in and order the Cheese Deluxe with onion rings or the fries and gravy!

Reviewed April 22, 2012

I was born in Hong Kong, China so I was well exposed to authentic Cantonese cuisine as well as American Chinese food. I ordered Chicken Chow Mein since it was an a classic American Chinese dish, easy recipe to make and quick to serve. Boy was I wrong! I got my dish with "Ramen" like noodles; the kind you find in a 25 cents pack where you just add hot water. The noodles lacked taste and sauce. Instead of chucks of chicken like one might expect; the noodles had a poor quantity of chicken shavings. The cook literally took a piece of chicken and grated chicken shavings on the plate and simply added green onions. I will never go back to this restaurant again. What an horrible experience. I would have had a better experience eating at McDonald's.

The decor was outdated and there were bars on the windows. I felt like I was eating from the inside of a jail cell.

1  Thank eyeluvseafood
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Good food. take out. Not a great restaurent to eat in. No windows.

Reviewed October 5, 2011

awesome food, love the war won-ton soup, Cantonese style pork, polly's chop suey, beef and green beans with black bean sauce.. usually get take out..

2  Thank loriluvstotravel