“Really bad” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bear Country Inn

Bear Country Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Terrace
Bear Country Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Terrace
Chilliwack, Canada
“Really bad”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

I've stayed here twice and have been disappointed both times. The rooms are old and dingy, furniture is broken (chair & desk), phone was covered in sticky goo and the channel changer didn't work. Better to stay at the Best Western with their broken elevator or the Sandman. Only stayed here because the Sandman was full.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Dave K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I was in BCI around the summer, stayed between hotels with a friend of mine. There are a few things to keep in mind, one, a lot of these hotels/inns were built before the internet so the wifi is a little off. The second thing is that it is a central building, so it's bound to be noisy. Three, people are people and I appreciate the trouble these folks went through to haul my tail from room to room. It seems they were in the middle of renovation for some rooms, but I can't really complain. I noticed a bit of mildew on the bathroom floors, the shower curtains were different in each room I stayed in. The blankets look like they were made for a smaller bed. I found a slight humor in seeing the flat pillow mixed with an oversized poofy pillow on one bed when I stayed in a two bedded room. The day before I left Terrace, I decided to stay in my room, that's when I noticed the maid had been in and out of the rooms without vacuuming, explains the grains of sand in between my sheets and muddy bathroom floors tsk-tsk tsk tsk...I tried to leave that on a comment form but I forgot to hand it in. I do like the atmosphere; the entire visit was great. Aside from the odd sirens in the night, the heater/air conditioner located beneath the window? That's a little more noisy in some rooms as well.

Room Tip: Choose for a top floor, the TV reception is best. The maids are not room service (which is what I fo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Chasity W
Terrace, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I had heard many good things about the Bear Country Inn, and the pictures online looked impressive so I thought that this justified the price of $147 for one night. On Nov 1, 2013, my family and I rented room 121. I have never written a review before, and I am sitting here right now IN the hotel room beyond disgusted and writing this review (because I wish someone else had before we came here). The list of complaints is huge - first the rooms here have a strong odor and the room feels like a cheap motel with decor from the 90s - but that wouldn't be so bad if it was actually clean. There is a yellow sticky stain on the night stand (that could have been washed off - says alot that it wasn't), some poo spots inside the toilet (eww), no fitted sheets. There also are no extra pillows or extra blankets, and the room is quite cold - heated by one tiny electric heater in the bathroom. This is not the place in Terrace to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Sheldon-Christi... R

Travelers are raving about these Terrace hotels

Armstrong, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed on Tuesday, October 29,2013. You can hear everything outside and also the people moving around upstairs. The bed was super cozy. The room had an odor from the carpet. The bathroom was spotless, Old but spotless. My biggest complaint is usually water pressure.....no lack of it in this room as there was plenty. The remote would not work properly so I had to get up and change channel.. Haha how lazy am I. The front desk staff were very nice and accommodating. I would reccomend this hotel because I have stayed elsewhere in town and this is a better option. You have to book in advance in Terrace or you may find yourself without a room. I would reccomend the 2nd floor because you probably would not hear the people outside as much nor would you hear anyone above you. Make sure to plug in the fridge not just turn it on or you will have warm items....rookie mistake. central location walking distance to liquor store, restaurants and shopping. I did not eat at the restaurant but they do have one. There is a movie theatre right next door.

Room Tip: Sleep on 2nd floor maybe on the inside not facing the street as it would less noisy
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Whenever we come to Terrace to either shop for groceries and need to stay overnight, we choose BCI; their service is excellent, and rooms are comfortable, and clean, very inviting; the staff are very helpful in all our needs, especially if we are there for medical reasons (stuck in town). The restaurant has great food and service! Always feel rested after an overnight stay here! This particular trip was a combination of pleasure and medical.

Room Tip: We like and need ground floor, on the south side of motel, but the other side is swell too! Love th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carolyn M
Smithers, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

When I look at these reviews is seems like they are talking about a different place. Our family stays at the Bear Country a lot for various reasons and it has always been pleasant. The rooms are always clean and tidy and the price reasonable. We have really enjoyed the new beds they got last year. The location is really convenient and the restaurant is always good. Don't be afraid to give this place a try.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank g r
Prince George, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

i had originaly booked the sandman but after several issues with my check in staff and poor room quality i stayed at the bear country on the advice of a family member and let me tell you i'll never take her word for anything again the rooms are poorly lit and somewhat dingy the only thing in the room thats "modern" is the tv the walls are paper thin and the internet is comparable to dialup with a 14.4 modem im actually getting better speeds using my cellphone as a hotspot overall i will never stay here again and wouldnt recomend to anyone

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank wandering-installer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Terrace
BEST WESTERN Terrace Inn
#5 of 9 in Terrace
Rest Inn
Rest Inn
#2 of 9 in Terrace

Been to Bear Country Inn? Share your experiences!