“Well......” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bear Country Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Terrace
Bear Country Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Terrace
Armstrong, Canada
“Well......”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed on Tuesday, October 29,2013. You can hear everything outside and also the people moving around upstairs. The bed was super cozy. The room had an odor from the carpet. The bathroom was spotless, Old but spotless. My biggest complaint is usually water pressure.....no lack of it in this room as there was plenty. The remote would not work properly so I had to get up and change channel.. Haha how lazy am I. The front desk staff were very nice and accommodating. I would reccomend this hotel because I have stayed elsewhere in town and this is a better option. You have to book in advance in Terrace or you may find yourself without a room. I would reccomend the 2nd floor because you probably would not hear the people outside as much nor would you hear anyone above you. Make sure to plug in the fridge not just turn it on or you will have warm items....rookie mistake. central location walking distance to liquor store, restaurants and shopping. I did not eat at the restaurant but they do have one. There is a movie theatre right next door.

Room Tip: Sleep on 2nd floor maybe on the inside not facing the street as it would less noisy
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Whenever we come to Terrace to either shop for groceries and need to stay overnight, we choose BCI; their service is excellent, and rooms are comfortable, and clean, very inviting; the staff are very helpful in all our needs, especially if we are there for medical reasons (stuck in town). The restaurant has great food and service! Always feel rested after an overnight stay here! This particular trip was a combination of pleasure and medical.

Room Tip: We like and need ground floor, on the south side of motel, but the other side is swell too! Love th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carolyn M
Smithers, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

When I look at these reviews is seems like they are talking about a different place. Our family stays at the Bear Country a lot for various reasons and it has always been pleasant. The rooms are always clean and tidy and the price reasonable. We have really enjoyed the new beds they got last year. The location is really convenient and the restaurant is always good. Don't be afraid to give this place a try.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank g r
Prince George, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

i had originaly booked the sandman but after several issues with my check in staff and poor room quality i stayed at the bear country on the advice of a family member and let me tell you i'll never take her word for anything again the rooms are poorly lit and somewhat dingy the only thing in the room thats "modern" is the tv the walls are paper thin and the internet is comparable to dialup with a 14.4 modem im actually getting better speeds using my cellphone as a hotspot overall i will never stay here again and wouldnt recomend to anyone

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank wandering-installer

Travelers are raving about these Terrace hotels

PG
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had the pleasure of working and exploring in beautiful Terrace, B.C. and had been recommended to stay at this establishment by a friend. My stay consisted of very minimal rest during the first week due to excessive noise. After the first week I listened to my neighbour yelling profanities off the balcony for a better part of the night, it was not until about 4 AM and my second call to the front desk that she was finally removed by the local authorities. I then brought this up to the desk attendant the following morning expressing concerns that I was not resting adequately and that a solid night sleep was very important with my work. I was told by staff that if I was there for work I should have never been put on that side of the building therefore I was re-located (a little late) The next night a party broke out next door and as a result, yet another sleepless night. Things did improve from then on however; mentioning the past issues at checkout time, I was offered a discount for one night and I thanked them, shortly afterwards I looked at my invoice to notice my discount of $2.00 ?? apparently there is not much concern about the future, I will be certain that myself nor any of my crew stay there again. Not a very wise decision on their behalf to to the volume of upcoming work and recreational trips to the area.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favour and stay elsewhere
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Darin K
Milan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed here one day only, luckily for me! The room carpet is filthy. The bathroom floor is covered with a leafy pattern that hides quite a dirty floor. Towels are brown so it you cannot tell whether they have been properly washed. In addition they smell badly like they did not have been washed in years. I have been travelling West Canada for two weeks and this is the worst hotel I have ever been. And it is not cheap either! 105 CAN$!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Pier Luca L
Vancouver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2010

I moved into a room. First problem: The TV doesn't work - slow to resolve the problem. Next problem - Toilet flooding the bathroom floor. fixed two days later. Wireless Internet is intermittent and they state that it will be fixed later once they get new equipment. Rooms not soundproofed. You can hear people walking above you - you can smell your neighbour's cigarette smoke and Body Odor with the vents in the bathroom ceiling. I noticed they never vacuumed event though I was staying for 3 weeks. When I pointed out the moth on the floor for the entire duration of my visit they blamed me for bugs in my room as I was keeping my door open for a while to ventilate the unit because of the chemicals they use to spray the room everyday and the window didn't open. I was eating lunch trying to make it back on time for a meeting when the owner walked in - not announcing herself and immediately asking if I was there for a cesarian procedure - all this while I was sitting in my room trying to eat my lunch in peace. They moved me to a different room and then I notice a note from a stranger with the person's name and room number and email address. I asked the front desk if this was the same person who was staying above me so I would know if it was someone I was familiar with or a random stranger who was following me and watching me go into my room. The owner chastised me in front of staff for asking. Then my new room has a window with no locking devise so someone can easily open the window and open the door by putting their arm through the open window. Again I complained and they treated me rudely for complaining about a simple safety issue. I have never been treated so badly apart from a bad experience in Central America where we were ripped off by the owner.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
7 Thank Vancouvermediahouse
cozybear, Manager at Bear Country Inn, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Thank you for your comments. We are sorry that you were so unhappy with your stay here. Many of our staff have been here over 10 years and they work hard everyday to ensure a positive enviroment for our clientele. We will continue every day to learn from any mistakes we have made to ensure a better stay for our customers in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Terrace
BEST WESTERN Terrace Inn
#5 of 9 in Terrace
Rest Inn
Rest Inn
#2 of 9 in Terrace

Been to Bear Country Inn? Share your experiences!