“Best coffee shop in Terrace”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Xanders Coffee

Xanders Coffee
Ranked #2 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Terrace
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Terrace
“Best coffee shop in Terrace”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We have been into the coffee shop many times since it has opened. The coffee and lattes are great, the freshly baked goods are always fresh and delicious, the carrot and cheesecakes are my favourite. The Monte Cristo is my favourite sandwich and the Mulligatawny is my favourite my favourite soup. I would recommend this be the place to visit for great food and great service.

“Best in town for sure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

I've been here lots and this is the best place in town. It's clean, bright, and comfortable with great service. Everything I've had has been great. I had a coconut pineapple muffin yesterday and it was so good. I also like the chicken wraps but sometimes I'm too late and they are sold out. It's also nice that the owner is there everyday. It says a lot about the place where the staff are always cheerful and happy to see you.

• Visited January 2014
Terrace, Canada
“Great Cup of Java!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

I have been to Xanders Coffee several times since recently moving back to town. I'm a bit of a coffee snob, so I was a little skeptical at first that a local roaster would make delicious coffee. I was blown away by the quality of the espresso and the selection of alternative milk beverages (soy, almond, coconut and regular dairy milk). I have tried both a latte and americano, both being awesome.

I have also tried the tea they sell here - I had a coconut ginger tea (can't remember the exact name of it). It was delicious. Read the labels though because some of the tea has flavourings added to it rather than just the natural ingredients. Still worth a try though!

The baked goods are delicious - I've tried a few different kinds of muffins and scones and none of them disappointed. Beware - portions are huge - you're better off to share!

One negative - I ordered a wrap here when we went for lunch. The wraps had all be pre-made in what appeared to be large quantities. However this isn't working - my wrap was incredibly soggy - both the tortilla it was wrapped in and the lettuce inside was wilty too. The sandwiches and wraps all appear to be made well in advance. It would be so much better to make the wraps and sandwiches to order - I'm sure customers wouldn't mind waiting for a fresh one (at least I wouldn't mind) in order to avoid sub-par lunch time fare.

I highly recommend visiting this lovely local coffee shop. Its a great place to meet a friend or grab some AM coffee on the weekend.

• Visited January 2014
Düsseldorf
“Good Latte…...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Good Latte, but Muffins from the Pail………
But, the excellent service (from the morning guys) rocks……….

Visited January 2014
1 Thank LudwigundWagner
Alexander V, Owner at Xanders Coffee, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Thanks for your review. Unforfunatley you're mistaken about the muffins. Myself and another baker make all the baked goods, including muffins, from scratch every morning. We don't use any pre-made/frozen baking in our shop :)
Burnaby, Canada
“Excellent staff, Excellent Coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

I was staying in the hotel and loved that there was a coffee shop in the same building! staff were always great, greeted with a smile, delicious pastries, soups and of course Coffee!
had a great vibe to the shop, was busy when i was there which is a good sign. Definitely try the Espresso if you want a nice pick-me-up in the morning. Great Job!!

Visited December 2013