“Its a rip off.” 1 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Stewart, Canada
“Its a rip off.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Do not let the fancy front desk fool you, when you get out of the elevator to go to your room the stench is bad, a possible mix of mold/ urine/ puke, and POOF! you are back in the 70s. The carpet is dirty and old, the bathrooms are moldy, there are homeless (I assume) people hanging around the vehicles in the parking lot. The bedding had a bad smell. My asthma instantly flared up. The bathroom door would not close. THERE WAS NO HOT WATER. I have read a lot of reviews on this hotel, 90+% bad, and the no hot water issue has been ongoing. I was lied to about the boiler for hot water by staff. I was not provided with a reciept, in person or by email as promised.
I plan to contact the better business bureau if I do not recieve a refund. Do yourself a favour and book ahead at a different hotel in Terrace, if you dont you may have this hotel as an only option, and I will sleep in my truck before I stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Colin B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Ashford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Our room was ok, but some doors on our floor were taped up !Quite eerie !An excellent breakfast was available at Best Western 5 minutes walk away, due to restaurant being re furbished, ok unless it rains ! Stayed 2 nights, however room was not cleaned after first nights stay due to room maid not showing ! Did expect a discount but none given, receptionist could not get in touch with Manager. There is a nightclub attached which was very noisy till early hours. WiFi available in reception but printer was not working, so no use to us. Could do with a good clean, new carpets and redecoration everywhere.

Room Tip: Best rooms probably at the back far end away from nightclub and main road if you want to chance a st...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank susiesquirrell

Travelers are raving about these Terrace hotels

Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was extremely disappointed with my stay at this hotel and the worst part about it is that the owner doesn’t seem to care – apparently there’s a shortage of rooms in the city and they’re always full so there’s no need to maintain any minimum standards.
The rooms are not kept up from holes in the walls and ceilings to rotting window sills and cracked tiles in the bathroom. I was stuck beside a room that I assume was being fumigated and breakfast was included except that I had to walk down the street to a different hotel. (Needless to say, I didn’t risk the food given the room was barely maintained.) The internet signal was extremely weak and to top it all off, there was no hot water for my shower.
I asked the staff for directions but they weren’t able to help – the girl at the desk couldn’t even tell me what street bordered the hotel. She said she was new which is fine but to not know what street your own hotel is on. C’mon.
I’ll be back to Terrace but definitely not back to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank Time2Travel_K
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Our stay at this hotel last for a total of half an hour. My friend was assigned a room with someone already in it. Staff changed their story several times - first quoting computer malfunctions and then telling us that an intruder had entered the room that morning when the maids were cleaning. She was assigned a new room. My room had not been cleaned - sticky residue on the bedside table. Then we noticed that several rooms down the hall from us were sealed shut with tape. Suspecting that they were being fumigated for bed bugs we immediately checked our own rooms. There were telltale blood spots on my friend's mattress. We asked front desk about bed bugs and fumigation and she did not answer. Thankfully she gave us a refund without question and we left immediately. At this point it was late at night and we found that ALL of the hotels/motels/B&Bs in Terrace and surrounding area were full. We had no choice but to turn right around and drive 2 hours back home. We missed the conference that we had driven to Terrace for in the first place. All of this could have been avoided by simply booking somewhere else. To top it off the customer service was horrible - the management and desk staff were completely dismissive. We had also noticed that there were several people on our floor that really did not seem like travellers - we suspected that there are actually people living in this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank Northern G
Smithers, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

I had made reservations a couple of week ahead of time stating we had two small children who will be with us along with their grandmother. We were then booked in a room above the caberet and got next to no sleep. When we complained about the noise, we were told the receptionist who booked us was drunk at the time. We were then moved to a roome with only one king size bed!!!!! Not accomidating at all!!!!! I would not recomend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Dee W
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is no longer a Coast chain hotel, and is simply named The Inn of the West. I wonder if maybe the owners weren't keeping the place up to franchise standards. My room was quiet and reasonably clean, but very basic and dated. Seems a tad overpriced for what you get. The restaurant was closed, the ATM was out of service. Front-counter staff seemed disengaged.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DC_Dave7720
Prince George, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Not an average Coast hotel chain. Rooms are noisy and needs updating to a Coast standard

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank reenz72
Also consider these accommodations in or near Terrace
BEST WESTERN Terrace Inn
#3 of 9 in Terrace
Kalum Motel
Kalum Motel
#5 of 9 in Terrace

Been to Days Inn Terrace? Share your experiences!