“Terrible”

Ranked #6 of 11 Terrace B&B and Inns
Prince George, Canada
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

We had scheduled a 3-night stay with the Lodge at Skeena Landing for a business trip. Our flights were cancelled due to mechanical difficulties therefore our meetings needed to be re-scheduled. When I phoned to let the staff know - I was told that we were going to be charged for ALL three nights (this is policy). I have stayed in many places throughout the world - and never had difficulty with hotels understanding unforeseen circumstances. I found several of the staff quite unfriendly and uncooperative. We will never book with this establishment again. Really unfortunate.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Pr0ffesser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kelowna, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed at the lodge in January for one night. I had a late check in as this was only a quick night stay The heat in the room is baseboard heaters and was not turned on all day. At 6 pm my room was freezing. It took until bed time until I was warm. While very picturesque, the sliding glass door in front of my bed was not appreciated. It opened onto the walkway, and while covered by curtains there was still slits of light all night long. My room was dirty with several cobwebs. There is also a 3 inch gap under my door so at midnight when my neighbours returned, I woke to what sounded like men in my room. The hotel was way over priced for the facilities. I enjoyed the Kurig coffee maker, there was no one available at check out so I was not able to voice my complaints to anyone. I would not recommend this hotel, or stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank BCShel
Prince George, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Our rooms were (12&13) beautiful. Big and ideal for our family. We had the kingsize suite in the main photos, with a stone fireplace dominating the spacious room. Would have been a fabulous place for a romantic getaway. (But we have kids lol) next door the two oldest kids had double beds each. We both had balconies and big rooms.
The beds were comfy and rooms were quite quiet (thankfully- our eldest has autism and got a bit shorty when he was upset)
Coffee machines were fine but no tea or hot chocolate (took my own tea bags ;))
The two cons, the bathrooms had godawful bath/shower/ceiling units that looked like something out of the 70's, beautiful sink, heated slate tile floor... And the washpod!
The only other issue was the woeful lack of light in the rooms, the woods were right outside the windows so little natural light got in, and the lamps didn't really do the job.
95/100 would definitely stay here again, and definitely recommend to others.
Check out cafe zesta just down the hill for breakfast (closed Sunday) lovely meal!

Stayed October 2013
2 Thank traceyrmj
Telkwa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We had a really nice stay here. The room was nicely updated, clean and modern. Our only (very) minor complaint was that there could have been more lamps around the bed. They accommodated our dog with no problem. A real gem in Terrace, which is filled with mediocre motels.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank here_fishy1
Fort St John
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

The Lodge at Skeena Landing is a charming boutique hotel surrounded by the natural forest of Northern BC. I stayed in a large suite with a wood-burning fireplace and a very large deck. The view was directly into the forest and was truly restful. Though deep in the woods, this hotel is close to downtown and to restaurants. In fact, there is an amazing breakfast/lunch place just down the hill with excellent food. I strongly recommend the Lodge at Skeena Landing for a unique experience.

Room Tip: ask for the suite with the king bed and the large fireplace
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Michael M
Beijing
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Nice big rooms, nicely furnished, very clean, feels upmarket to start with but even more so because of size. Nice location, set amongst trees. Much better than chain hotels. Nice reception. Always try and stay here, usually booked.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank HinBeijing
Qualicum Beach, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

overall not a bad place to stay, all things considered. Not alot of great places to stay in Terrace. clean, large rooms, ditch the comforters, everyone hates these and get the three sheet method, way cleaner feeling. not alot of enthusiasm from the front desk

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank shakor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Terrace
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terrace
Copper River Motel
Copper River Motel
#3 of 9 in Terrace
Skeena River House Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Lodge at Skeena Landing? Share your experiences!