The Lodge at Skeena Landing
HIExpress.com
Rest Inn(Terrace)
Kalum Motel(Terrace)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswalk in showernext morningblackstonefireplacelinensbathroomdowntownchefheatmicrowave
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I was in Terrace on a last minute business trip and needed a room and I did not have a reservation. It was "riverboat days" so all the rooms in town were booked (lucky for me in the end) so I checked online and found the Skeena Lodge just on the outskirts of Terrace. I initially had a hard time trying to find it, I followed the sign for Blackstone's Restaurant (located at the hotel), on the way to the airport but at the end of the cul de sac (Motz Rd) there was no sign, as I found out later there had been a sign but it was recently run over/into by a truck and they just hadn't had a chance to fix it yet. I called and they gave me directions (it's the centre of the three driveways by the way!)

This new and modern hotel is situated on a hilltop surrounded by trees. My well appointed room on the second floor came complete with balcony, big LCD TV, free wifi, coffee maker, bar fridge. The shower had decent water flow which I appreciate, and there was ample free parking. I think the only thing lacking in my room was a proper desk to work at.

I didn't get a chance to eat at the restaurant (Blackstones) but it looked charming and cozy, next time I will definitely take my meals there.

Overall a very decent place and great value for the money. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again or to recommend it to a friend

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank mckrob
Reviewed June 24, 2011

The hotel has great potential and is in a great location but they seriously need to talk to their cleaning staff. Myself and my business partner arrived to find our bathrooms filthy. Mine had hair all over the floor as well as muddy shoe prints and hair around sink. My partner found hair on her floor and bathtub. Both tubs and sinks had grime and tub rings in them from other peoples showers. The room had lots of dust in them also. The beds were great and the look of the rooms was excellent but in serious need of some good cleaning. Called someone up to clean them for us and he wiped them down with a paper towel and a spray bottle. Called him in twice to reclean cause they still werent clean even after he left. Brought all complaints forward and although the restaurant staff was very nice and understood nothing was said from the owner. There is no staff until 9am which makes early checkouts tough. Such potential but needs some major TLC.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business