“Love this place.”

Dining options: Reservations
Vancouver BC
“Love this place.”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The "Special", the atmosphere, the people, the prices. With 46 degree temperatures outside, the place was still full of families enjoying the wonderful Italian food, even the Italians. Special home town place.

Visited July 2014

Kootenay Rockies, Canada
“good place for a hungry hockey team ...”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Huge heaping plates of pasta, greasy and odd tasting meat balls. Both of us could not finish our meals.
Desert cake was expensive and tasted like plastic.
Despite that, it was apparent that many locals do like eating here and that the place is well suited for large functions or for those with enormous appetites.

Visited May 2014
Trail, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always a treat”
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Reminiscent of banquets and weddings from the good old days. Mike and his warm and friendly staff continue to serve up the finest authentic Italian food! I have had spaghetti all over the world (being Italian myself) and never had better. Lunch or dinner as well as takeout, you just can't go wrong

• Visited April 2014
trail, B.C.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Italy in Trail for at least 60years”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I have enjoyed the Colander for most if my 57 years....a great place fir families to come together. Casual atmosphere that you are not afraid to bring children. Accommodate. large groups

• Visited November 2013
Christina Lake, Canada
“Great Pasta EVEN GLUTEN FREE!!!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The Colander in Trail has always been know for its reputation of great pasta! I have never been able to go because I require a gluten free diet. Well, we went anyways because there were 2 moms with 6 children in total ranging from 7 to 10.

Well, much to my surprise, I didn't have to just have water and salad. They offer rice noodles with spaghetti sauce. I asked the waitress for the meatballs with the spaghetti but (she was well informed about her products!) I was unable because the meatballs are have gluten in them. I was impressed with how much she knew. She was a great waitress and I wished I could remember her name.

The kids were starving because we had just taken them all to the pool for a bit too long and so she brought buns and salad right away. GREAT oil and vinegar salad, the lettuce was definitely fresh and it wasn't long before our meals came.

The sauce was fantastic. Nothing crazy, out of this world; it was just really delicious!

Thank you Colander for being so kind as to add the rice noodles to your menu. We are spreading the word!! OH, and for how much we ordered and ate the price was great!

• Visited April 2014