“Best Dinner in Trail”

Cafe Michael
Ranked #8 of 46 Restaurants in Trail
“Best Dinner in Trail”
Reviewed January 8, 2011

You probably won't find a better place to eat dinner in Trail. I was recently here for lunch and dinner.
On the date of the dinner, it happened to be New Years Eve. We had a reservation for 6:00 and were seated at 6:15. Not a huge deal. Our drink order was taken right away, but it it took a while for our food to be ordered. And the waitress kept forgetting about my Pina Colada, which by the way, are absolutely delicious and I highly reccomend. We may have ordered at about 6:45 and our salads came at 6:55. The caesar salad there is really good, but no croutons. At perhaps 7:15, we got our appetizer which was stuffed mushroom caps. They came hot in this tiny mushroom cap tray. $8.50 for six little mushrooms? Okay, but they were good. The best I've ever had? No, but it would be hard to have mushroom caps that weren't delicious. Finally our main course came at around 7:30. I had Chicken Maryland, which is breaded chicken stuffed with ham and cheese in the mushroom-cream sauce. It was good. Nothing to write home about, but not bad. For sides, I had the egg noodles and veggies. What was really good was mixing the noodles with the veggies and sauce from the chicken. That was good. We skipped dessert, for there was a cheesecake waiting for us at home, but overall a very good meal, the best part being the Pina Colada.
Now for the lunch: Let me first say that the restaurant was practically empty when we went. Service was quick, we got our food in 15min. Sadly, they don't bring you out your salad first at lunch. Oddly, the Caesar salad had croutons this time. Interesting. Still really good. I had the crepe floretine, which was a crepe filled with spinach, ham, and cheese, topped with a mushroom cream sauce. Now that I think about it, it sounds like my other meal here. I just can't say no the mushroom cream sauce. Anyhow, the crepe was delicious. A 4.5. I highly enjoyed it.
The atmosphere of this place is nice. They have a huge chanelier in an attempt to look classy. It's too bad they no longer light the candles on the tables.
Overall, since this is Trail and there is hardly anywhere to eat, I would definitely reccomend this place to anyone. It is really good food.

1 Thank BrightLightsDreamer

Kamloops, Canada
“It is a Decent Resturant”
Reviewed December 26, 2009

The place was clean. It had limited menu choices. The parking lot was a dirt parking lot.

Trail, Canada