“Co-owner Called”

Ranked #7 of 47 Restaurants in Trail
Creston
“Co-owner Called”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Right after my initial review of Café Michael was posted I received, at home, a phone call. The lady introduced herself as co-owner of this restaurant. She defended each of the negative points I had made in my review and it ended with her saying: " well, we do have to make money." On this point we totally agree. It is my belief that if a restaurant serves great food and has great service, they will certainly make money. She offered a gift certificate for us to return but had to ask her husband first. To date, We have not received anything. Because of her abrasive manner on the phone with me, I cannot see myself ever wanted to revisit this restaurant for any reason. We have friends and relatives in the West Kootenay area and should anyone of them suggest we go there for a meal, I would decline and suggest we go elsewhere. A sincere apology would have gone a long way in me believing the owners wished we had had a good dining experience.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank mcmccreston

Trail, Canada
“Absolutely Amazing!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I haven't tried all items on the menu but everything I have eaten here is great I must say my favourite so far is the Chicken Alaska and the House Special pizza! The service is great and the food and wine are excellent:) I highly recommend dinner or lunch out at Cafe Michael.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank sunlovers2005
Bcharre, Lebanon
“Fish tough and scalding”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I ate there yesterday, June 13, 2014 and did not have a good experience. I ordered fish & chips. One of the pieces was very tough and had to be sawed with a knife. This same piece had not been breaded well and had a pocket of very hot oil in it that burned my throat. When the waitress asked how everything was I told her. She apologized but no one offered any accommodation on the charge. Any decent restaurant would. - Gary M. Georgeff, Rossland BC

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Semblance100
Creston
“NOT WHAT WE EXPECTED”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We drove 240 km. round trip for what we hoped would be a great dining experience for a friends birthday. It was such a disappointment. We arrived to a near empty restaurant at 6:00 pm on a Friday evening which perhaps should have told us something.
. The server was pleasant enough but clearly lacked enthusiasm for her job. A number of years ago locals would rave about the wonderful prime rib so we ordered 4 prime rib dinners and that was a mistake! One large order looked pretty much the same size as the 3 small ones and all looked like they had been put through a tenderizing machine of some sort and there was absolutely no flavor to the meat until salt and pepper were added.. The stuffed potatoes had a dry skin over the top that had to be cut with a knife and the condiments served with the 2 baked potatoes was so miniscule it was laughable.... 1 teaspoon of green onion and less than 1 teaspoon of bacon bits for 2 servings of baked potato was ridiculous. The veggies served with the meal were at best warm. The first cup of coffee was good but the fill up was so watery it was undrinkable.

If this meal came with bargain basement prices I would perhaps understand but the menu prices were steep and way overpriced for the meal served. A notice at the door told us the menu prices were wrong and that in fact they were charging $1.00 more for beef items. The four of us agreed it was not worth the trip and we will not be returning to Café Michael. Rarely have I ever complained about food served in a restaurant because I can usually find something good to say but in this case I could find nothing. Very disappointing!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank mcmccreston
Unity, Canada
“Great salad, loved Pepper Steak”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stopped in on a long weekend . Sweet server - pleasant experience. Starter salads fresh. Pepper Steak had wonderful fresh vegetables and the steak I ordered rare was actually cooked to rare done ness -yummy! Hubby had huge rack of Greek ribs - not the best ever, but very good. Son1 like lasagne but Son2 had scallops in a wine sauce that was over-salted. However, overall, a very pleasant experience, meets expectations for a $20-$25 entree.

• Visited August 2013