“Terrible”
Review of Cafe Michael

Cafe Michael
Ranked #8 of 47 Restaurants in Trail
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Ordered the New York steak medium rare. When it came it had a small portion of fries, the mixed veggies were one piece of cauliflower, two slices of zucchini and some shredded carrots. The steak did not look well so I cut into it and found it very well done. It was roughly a small half inch thick so I called the waitress and showed her. She said she told the cook and the owner but no other response other than I could have a free dessert. Don't eat desert. Ended up leaving half the steak and politely told them I would not be back. We usually go o there with another couple every Saturday but lately have found the portions getting smaller and the quality getting worse. I would avoid this place and head to downtown Trail.

2  Thank Ron G

Reviewed February 14, 2013

When we have time for a 'not-fast-food' meal in Trail, It is usually Cafe Michael. It is in a great location. The food is excellent and the prices are fair.

1  Thank Cord L
Reviewed January 27, 2013

How disappointing. We went there to celebrate a birthday because we heard it was good. Anything but! The Caesar salad the lettuce was wilted, and only two croutons. I was the lucky one, most had none. My main dish, anything but warm and tasted like it came from a box dressed up in a pretty dish. How about a meal saying it has crab, and it has none. To make the night rememberable, they forgot the birthday's meal, it came after we had eaten. The quality of the food is poor and I would not recommend this place to anyone. A poor meal for the price.

2  Thank Geno J
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I went there for my birthday and I was really excited to go since I had heard some awesome reviews. I ordered a chicken dish (can't rmember the name) but the sauce tasted like packaged scalloped potatoes and I was terribly dissappointed. I did like the dessert and the service was okay, although the waitress didn't refill my drink or come check on us once

Reviewed January 8, 2013

It has something for everyone and tastes great! Meals are always delicious and the owner is really nice! The Pizza, Sandwiches and Prime rib are great and the Caesar salad and Yam fries are delicious too.

1  Thank William F