“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Trail
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

I needed to visit Trail BC on business for two days and this was the only chain hotel option in the area. I was not sure what to expect, but it was way above my expectations. Check in was great, the staff friendly, and the rooms were very comfortable, clean and quiet. For such a small town, this hotel was way above my expectations. The bar/restaurant were very comfortable and had great food, drinks and great staff. Great high speed internet access worked really well, and the attached liquor store was a great convenience. The Trail airport is only 5 minutes away as well. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BWCRHotelServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia River Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Johnnyo and Kim,

Thank you for comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 1.800.465.6682.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia River Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in October 2013. This is a Best Western Plus and it was exceeded my expectations. The hotel is located on the main road through Trail and on the way to Rossland. There was road paving going on in front of the hotel, not a bother to me, as it occurred during business hours. The beds were very comfortable and rooms are well appointed. I had dinner in the restaurant/pub downstairs. For the sports fan there are several TV's. The dinner was very good. I had the salmon with seasonal vegetables of rapini and golden beets; yummy. The breakfast was a self service breakfast of scrambled eggs (dry), lots of breads, oatmeal etc. The usual carbohydrate load. I would most certainly stay there again. For me a comfortable bed trumps all else.

Room Tip: If you get a room at the back of the hotel there will be less traffic noise. I recommend a room on t...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Diana D,

Thank you for comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are happy you enjoyed our award winning accommodations. We have just put out a new menu for Foxy's Fine Food & Drinks and we invite you back to try our new offerings!

Langley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stay at 15 to 20 hotels a month for my sales job & found that this hotel is overpriced for the area it is in & the fact that I paid $150+ during the off-season this week is ludicrous. I mentioned this to the lady at the desk & she said the price is based on occupancy, but the parking lot was 1/2 full at best. It's October in Trail, not a busy time of year. The hotel itself is very nice, very well maintained & the room was great. Breakfast needs to go a bit later then 9am. This place is a very comfortable stay, but I think this hotel needs to lower their rates in order for me to make it my regular Trail stop on my sales trips.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Dear Tyrone O,

Thank you for comments regarding your at our property.

We are a corporate location and unlike most leisure locations our business peaks in the fall months. If you are planning regular trips to our area we would be happy to offer you a discounted business rate. Best Western also has a Business Advantage program that you may be able to take advantage of.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, and would like to find out more about Business Advantage please don't hesitate to contact me at 1.800.465.6682.

Vancouver Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We haven't slept in many beds in Trail, but my wife and I agree that this hotel has a very comfortable bed. Our stay this time around involved lots of time with family and a fairly lengthy travel process to get here, so an excellent bed to provide an excellent sleep gave us the rest to thoroughly enjoy our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jsundog,

Thank you for comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed our heavenly beds. We continual reinvest in our bedding to offer our guests that has been described time and time again as "simply heavenly."

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Clean and comfortable. Nice bed with flat screen TV. Gym was small and basic but I had it all to myself every morning. Breakfast was the same each day sliced ham and scambled eggs with a wafer maker. Didn't try the restaurant as was told it's not great.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Kien G,

Westbank, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Enjoyed our stay at the Best Western Trail - clean and friendly staff easy to get to other than the road work being done - ideal down town location - easy to walk to town centre to enjoy a walk along the river and stores

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed at the Trail, BC Columbia River Hotel, most recently from October 01-03, 2013. Phenomenal staff! Very clean hotel. When I returned home, I commented to my wife how impressed I was with the cleanliness - memorable. Front desk responded quickly when I required another pass card. Fitness facility was well equipped and clean. Great location for business and pleasure to either walk downtown or along the esplanade. Staff very willing to assist me with business requirements (copies, printing, web upload) and/or recommending a service provider in the area. Great job! Would return.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Trail
Glenwood Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Rossland
Rossland Motel
Rossland Motel
#3 of 4 in Rossland

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia River Hotel? Share your experiences!