“Yum!”

Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Valemount
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Thank you for choosing to explore the Caribou Grill Restaurant in Valemount, British Columbia! We offer: Prime Rib AAA Sterling Silver Beef Wild Salmon Venison Seafood Pasta Kids Menu Vegetarian Options All meals include a basket of our freshly baked Cheese Bread. About Our Restaurant Your hosts Patricia and Rudi Thoni began construction of their authentic log building in the summer of 1998 and opened for business in May 1999. The interior reflects the back woods log cabin theme with beautiful wildlife mounts, native artifacts, leather art and comfortable high back chairs. The incredible beauty that surrounds Valemount is what brought Rudi and Patricia to the area and is what keeps them here. If you are looking for a short hike or to stay in one of our local backcountry cabins, please inquire with Patricia for some tips on the great hiking opportunities or to book a cabin.
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Great steak, prides itself on the prime rib which was indeed excellent by my partner. However I had the prime rib grilled, bad choice, too much fat should have opted for the steak instead. The potatoes are homemade Austrian style with carmalized onions on top. Yum. For dessert they have multiple layers of fresh ingredients (including cream) in a fancy parfait cup. Delish!! Good wine list. Service terrific! It reminds you you of being in an Austrian log cabin with dear heads on the walls, lovely open place!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We went here based on other Trip Advisor reviews and glad we did - ironically when we asked at our hotel for suggestions , they didn't even mention this place - probably as they'd rather we ate in their on site restaurant. The Caribou Grill was delightful - great service, delicious gourmet dishes and lovely decor of a "log-type" building that's huge! I had the pork tenderloin while hubby had the prime rib (done exactly how he liked!) and he also enjoyed the local beer that they feature among others. Good menu selections and even a kids menu so also great for families. We were here early on a week day and didn't need a reservation but it was surprising how quickly it started to fill up as is obviously a favorite local dining establishment.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Barn of a place built and decorated in log cabin style. Good menu with something for everyone and smaller portion option if you are not a big eater.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Based on reviews, we decided to come here for dinner the other night and I am glad we did. It was very busy, with quite a line-up. The hostess took our names and the wait was not unduly long.

I ordered the venison steak and it was done to perfection. It came with a mushroom cranberry gravy, mashed potatoes and vegetables. Absolutely delicious and the vegetables were not overcooked! My husband had the seafood pasta and it, too, was delcious (although I think I won the meal of the night competition, hands down). The wine list was not particularly extensive, but considering Valemount is somewhat remote, it had some good choices and the mark-up was nowhere near as high as elsewhere.

I would certainly come here again if I were in the area.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Decent atmosphere, one big room, some exposed beams. Food was ok, but nothing special. I had the prime rib, my wife had salmon. Prime rib tasty. Salmon dry and tasteless. Local beer ( forget the name ) was tasty