“Wonderful meal and service”
Review of Caribou Grill

Caribou Grill
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Valemount
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Thank you for choosing to explore the Caribou Grill Restaurant in Valemount, British Columbia! We offer: Prime Rib AAA Sterling Silver Beef Wild Salmon Venison Seafood Pasta Kids Menu Vegetarian Options All meals include a basket of our freshly baked Cheese Bread. About Our Restaurant Your hosts Patricia and Rudi Thoni began construction of their authentic log building in the summer of 1998 and opened for business in May 1999. The interior reflects the back woods log cabin theme with beautiful wildlife mounts, native artifacts, leather art and comfortable high back chairs. The incredible beauty that surrounds Valemount is what brought Rudi and Patricia to the area and is what keeps them here. If you are looking for a short hike or to stay in one of our local backcountry cabins, please inquire with Patricia for some tips on the great hiking opportunities or to book a cabin.
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My family of four enjoyed a superb meal here. In a beautiful log builidng - great salmon for my wife and I plus a kids menu to boot,. Great service as well. Strongly recommend it.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Ate at this restaurant twice during our stay at Valemount, food was fantastic, both times we had the same server & she was absolutely perfect. Highly recommended.

1  Thank romboy68
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Very pleasant evening with nice atmosphere and good service. Beef was a good choice for both of us, the prime rib roast and the steak. The complimentary cheese bread was perfect.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We saw the log-constructed Caribou Grill and the number of local cars parked outside and decided on the spot to have dinner there. And we were not disappointed. It was early for dinner, but the place was filling up fast. We started with Cheese bread and a caesar salad that was very good. We both had beef-- my wife had prime rib and I had tournados of beef in mushroom sauce and both were wonderful! The beef was tender and not over cooked. Our server, Lorelei, was wonderful, chatting with us a bit about Valemount and the area, but our impression was that the entire staff was equally friendly and courteous.
Only regret: didn't save room for one of their yummy desserts!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I went here based purely on the large number of positive reviews. I wish I had read the few poor reviews - they were spot on with regard to service (lack of) and value for money. The greeting was very good but the service afterwards was abysmal - for each course items were missing, so they came late, and we had to ask twice for someone to take our drinks orders.

Food was nice but there was NOT a lot of food, contradicting what was mentioned by other reviewers. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant until they get better quality staff.