“A nice time here”

Mountain Driftwood Gallery & Lodging
Ranked #11 of 15 Valemount B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had a small job to do in Valemount, and I brought my family along to make a trip of it. We wanted to stay in Jasper, but couldn't find accommodations. We settled on Mountain Driftwood, and, are we ever happy we did! Bonnie and Paul were very welcoming, and were eager to share their tips and suggestions with us. We enjoyed a hearty breakfast, with a good selection of homemade foods to choose from. The gluten-free pancakes were great, and my picky daughter was satisfied as well! We were advised to see the salmon spawning behind the visitor center, and then told about salmon jumping the waterfalls again the next day. We will stay here again on our next visit to Jasper, and I recommend this B&B to anyone!
Thanks for the good time! John, Candy, and Morgan!
There are trains running through Valemount, but it's not overpowering at this B&B.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank JohnCbeer

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We only stayed here for one night before we went to Jasper. The owners were very friendly from the start and were happy to tell us were to go for a nice walk and dinner. The room, bed and bathroom were perfect. We chooses to have breakfast the next morning. That was really nice! During the breakfast we got more recommendations for our trip and they were all very beautiful.
The train is indeed close in this town but their are earplugs available if you want. We both slept very well.

Well if you are looking for an excellent stay near Jasper you should stop here.

Room Tip: There is one room with a kitchen and a normal shower and one without kitchen but with a bath.
2  Thank Marcel-de-J
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife & myself spent 2 nights here, separated by a 5 day trip to Mt Robson. From the moment we arrived the care and attention we received was amazing, both Bonnie and Paul went above & beyond to help us. This was our last night of comfort before going into the backcountry and on our return our first night of luxury. The house was immaculate, the bed the most comfortable we've slept in, the breakfast was perfect, Bonnie & Paul were amazing. Highly recommended if you are visiting Valemount or the surrounding area.

Thanks again Bonnie & Paul.

3  Thank romboy68
Reviewed August 6, 2013

On a recent road trip to Alberta, my partner and I had the pleasure of staying at the Mountain Driftwood Gallery and Lodging. My ONLY regret, and it's a big one, is that we were only able to stay one night.

I chose this B&B through Booking.com because it was affordable, available, and the location was just right for a night's rest between trip destinations. We didn't expect anything more than a place to sleep, but from the moment we rang the doorbell, we knew we were in for a special experience. Bonnie greeted us at the door and welcomed us inside. She showed us our room - the 'Master Queen Bedroom', which is clean, perfectly decorated, and comfortable. The room also has an ensuite bathroom with a huge jetted soaker tub. I soooo wish I had a chance to use that tub, but a family of six imposed on the B&B that same night and took all the hot water. Bandits! Haha. Oh, well - all the more reason to go back.

We only got to sit with Bonnie, Paul, and their friends for a short while, but we were made to feel very much at home. They are all so laid back, and easy to talk to. They gave us some wonderful tips on local places to check out, including a river hike that we enjoyed after checking-out. I have always been hesitant to stay at B&Bs because I am afraid to impose on the hosts, but at Mountain Driftwood, I felt so welcome and at home. If all B&Bs were like that, I'd stay in nothing but.

I am looking forward to recommending this place to friends and family, and I can't wait to find an excuse to return. I didn't even get to see the gallery, so I have to next time. It would be worth the trip back to Valemount just FOR this lodging!

4  Thank tcuppig
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying here recently. The owners, Paul and Bonn, were very accommodating and warm...even when we arrived closer to midnight. The house was charming, the amenities were as advertised and the breakfast was awesome, awesome. My only complaint was the constant roar of the train's horn every hour...but that is part of the town's charm. A good little place for a stopover, highly recommended. Thanks Bonn and Paul for a lovely experience, our first in Valemount!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Spacious rooms for a large family to spread out. We have 5 kids and there was more than enough comfortable places to sleep. We rented the whole upper suite which still cost us less than a regular hotel and gave us a lot more space. We also had breakfast which was very good. The owners were very personable and we would highly recommend this as a place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Clarksatschool
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I didn't book any hotels prior to our recent road trip to BC, we drove from Edmonton toward Jasper national park expected to find accommodation but no room available for that night. We continue drove to the border when I found place in Valemount, BC.
My husband wasn't to sure about this gallery and lodging until we arrived and Bonnie welcome us with warm smile. It was almost 8 pm when we check-in, Bonnie offered a hot drink right away and we ended up sitting in their living room chatted until after midnight. Room were cozy and we sleep very well just feel like home. Breakfast was delicious. Thank you Bonnie and Paul for a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: The queen room on the second floor is the best, quiter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple