“== incredible view, small rooms ==”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Valemount
Solstice Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 16 Valemount B&B and Inns
Kelowna, Canada
“== incredible view, small rooms ==”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

Incredible view, perhaps the best in BC, a warm welcome with good food, but claustrofobically small rooms (and cold in October).

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank FlyingDutchman_12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Stromstad, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

I wish I could have stayed longer.

A very nice family and a wonderful cat.

Valemount is worth a stop especially if you get a chance to stay in this secluded B&B where the panoramic view will make you reconsider rushing to Jasper until you have had a second look. Not to mention that starting from there on your way up you will feel less rushed to visit the Rearguard Falls, stop over at Mount Robson Provincial Park or enjoy the drive along Moose Lake.

I had booked long in advance but had an unexpected change in plans and was pleased that Leneaya could have me in a few days earlier without any fuss. I rang her two hours before from Clearwater and when I got there everything looked as if I had been expected on that day.

The room offered all I was looking for, the bathroom felt a bit tight around the washbasin, but I can live with that. With the special sophisticated water filtration system that was within days of getting installed I trust water quality is now perfect. The comfortable guest sitting-room at the back is a good idea and the wooden deck with its original homemade furniture is the best place to take in the million dollar view on the surrounding mountains.

The concept of Solstice B&B is great. As a guest you are of course independent on your side of the house, but sharing the family's life is also an option. On the one day I happened to be the only guest, I had a very enjoyable breakfast in the kitchen instead of the breakfast room, all of it in a very natural and relaxed atmosphere. Leneaya's cheerfulness and optimism gets you into the right mood the moment you start the day. Let me add that this breakfast is not going to leave you hungry for many hours, a good thing if you intend to hit the trails.

I collected good tips on what to do in the area and appreciated the help I got to solve all sorts of little practical things. Because of the meager airline baggage allowance I have to leave my heavy laptop at home and I was delighted to hear that I could use the family's computer to transfer my numerous photos to a backup disk.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank nordlysMH
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

We'did expect a fine place... it was fantastic ! a great guesthost Leneaya provided us whit 2 beautiful rooms whit an eye for details. A great personal served breakfast was delicious...
and the quitness on the porch was overwelming ! We even saw the Northern Lights abouve the house !! how lucky can one be !!
Definitly a place to go to, into the wood on the edge of the river...
surely worth wile tha stay on a good and fair price.
Don't pass by, just stop and stay !! but call in advance, there are only 2 beautiful rooms...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank BigWLier
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

From reading the Solstice BnB website, and emails to Leneaya, I knew this BnB would be a great choice, and I was not mistaken. The house itself is very nice, with a large deck and lawn for sitting. Then there's the beautiful view! The BnB portion of the house is separate from the hosts' living area, with a separate entrance so that makes it easy to come and go. The room, breakfast and lounge areas were all very nicely furnished and decorated (and of course spotless), and we were very comfortable - we stayed in the "Winter Solstice" room. Leneaya was a most welcoming and friendly host, and provided a great, filling breakfast (complete with edible flower decoration!). The BnB is located about 5 minutes from the main part of Valemount, so it was very quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

From my initial conversation with Leneaya on the phone I was convinced that this would be a perfect location to stay on our trip west. My husband and I were travelling with an antique car and we are always concerned with over night safety and security. Solsitice B&B fit the bill. The B&B is conviently located in a forested area just off a major highway and has stunning views of the mountains and a river. Our stay was very restful and we found our hosts friendly and willing to cater to our needs. I would not hesitate to recommend this B&B.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

Stunning view, beautiful building, great food, friendly hosts. The rooms are small but very clean and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Prince George, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2010

I have stayed at Solstice B&B many times, as I do alot of business in Valemount. Valemount is a beautiful town in itself, but the Solstice B&B has an especially great location. 360 degree views of snow capped mountains, and a large stream only a few feet away. Leneaya and Giriish are great hosts, and the accomodations are also top notch. Best of all, breakfast is the full meal deal, not a muffin and cup of coffee. As mentioned, I have stayed there many times, and will continue to. I would recommend Solstice to any traveller in the area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Valemount
Mt. Robson Mountain River Lodge
#1 of 16 in Valemount
Tete Jaune Lodge
Tete Jaune Lodge
#1 of 17 in Valemount

Been to Solstice Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!