“Poor. Poor..poor”

Green Elephant Cafe
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Soothe your soul at Green Elephant Cafe, where offering you a healthy "option" is our passion.... but... our waffles are amazing! We serve a full menu breakfast and Lunch suitable for many dietary requirements. Bring the family or join a friend, where serving you is our pleasure. Welcome. Feel free to join our facebook page.
Middleton, Canada
“Poor. Poor..poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

The sad part is I tried here twice for food because I really wanted to like the place and give them a chance but both times they failed..the coffee selection was the only positive I could derive and the cleansliness.The first visit was just poor service and bad pricing but it was a new place so I figured maybe give it a few months to sort itself out.I went back the second time for breakfast and left grossed out and infuriated. I ordered a waffle for my girlfriend and just a normal bacon and eggs for myself and when I received it after a extended wait it had hair in and on it.I discreetly advised my server and she promptly took it and returned with another without a apology or really aknowledgement of the severity of the situation..my eggs and bacon were no longer appealing and I wished to speak with management.I made aware of the situation and still no positive reaction.I left ending up paying for my full meal and for a 10$ waffle..not impressed to this day.Wont be returning! !

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Joshua D

Nova Scotia
“Breakfast was excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have been here many times for coffee. Their varieties of flavoured coffees, lattes, etc is great. They have weekly specials of flavours too, which is nice. Last week's special was Pumpkin Pie latte, which was excellent and I can't wait to have another one! My usual favorite is the Chai Latte. You can get their lattes, etc in skinny and sugar free versions,too which is nice.

This morning hubby and I went for breakfast. They have a nice menu for breakfast. He had 2 eggs, toast and bacon (or ham, if you want) for $5.96. You can't beat that price! I had the western wrap, which was eggs, peppers, mushrooms, green onions and cheddar cheese in a wrap with salsa/sour cream on the side for $7.96. Both were delicious. Their waffles are outstanding and you can get one with all the trimmings for $9.96. Sundays they serve breakfast all day and the rest of the week they open at 7 and serve breakfast until 11. I was looking at their menu for lunch which includes enticing-looking salads and wraps and they always have daily specials.

What a nice addition to the area, where there is nothing else to choose from except Tim's, or McDonalds. We will be back!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank K.C.NovaScotia
Bridgetown, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Delicious!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great healthy menu, the restarant atmosphere was cleaning and lovely and the service was wonderful!!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Amy S
Kingston Nova Scotia
“Lunch at Green Elephant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

It was really a special strawberry waffle, with cream and fresh berries. Serviced was first Class and the iced coffee was perfect.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Raymond B
Mississauga, Canada
“Excellent Coffee, Tea & Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Very friendly maritime service. Excellent and large assortment of coffee & tea. Unbelievable selection of Kuerig Coffee K-Cups. Great fresh food, reasonably priced. Delicious home made sweet desserts! Would definitely return and recommend. Exceptionally clean. Fresh Home Style food when traveling.

• Visited July 2013