Aurora Inn
Slumber Inn(New Minas)
Greensboro Inn(New Minas)
Roselawn Lodging(Wolfville)
View Hotel
All reviewsfree breakfasttim hortonsroom ratewould stay againrecommend this hotelcoffee makerbest western chainbit datedcentral locationbreakfast roomcomfortable roomssmall towngreenwoodmotelauroravalley
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Its probably more fair to call this a motel but!!!! it has been all re-done and its extremely comfortable. Its a one level building so its not a fancy place from the outside but the rooms are just like they would be at a high-rise Best Western. It has a restaurant that has REALLY GREAT FOOD.

The front desk staff is outstanding. The first time I stayed here I had lost my wallet the day before and they were so helpful with anything I needed. This time around was the same thing. They are friendly, eager to help, and just so darn nice !!!

The bed has a very comfortable mattress. Good quality sheets and towels. Nice decor. A nice flat screen TV and high speed internet.

Its a small town and oddly enough I'm here for the second time, so when I knew I was going to be back in the area, I knew EXACTLY where to stay.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly ... it was the best price.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2011

This hotel is rated a 3.5 star however I would rate it at least a 4 star. The outside of the motel is very deceiving, the rooms have been completely renovated and the updated bed linens are fantastic. Very nice staff and the restaurant was great. Would recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dramaqueenzz4
Reviewed June 16, 2010

Best Western? Really? I think they might have stolen the sign from another hotel and put it on the lawn!

The grounds of this hotel are very well maintained. The parking lot is clean. The building itself is fairly well maintained from the outside.

The check-in experience was ok. The staff were friendly. The lobby is VERY dated and small.

There is a restaurant off the main lobby that offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. The decor and fixtures are ancient!

The rooms are motel style, meaning your car parks in front of your door. The rooms are quite small. The carpets are disgusting! They were blue at one time... there is a distinctive brown trail from the front door, to the bed and to the washroom. There are stains on the carpet as well. NASTY. The washroom is VERY small. You need to be a contortionist in order to use to toilet without ending up sitting on the counter!! The washrooms were clean, but just way too small.

The bedding was clean, but the beds were quite firm. The pillows were very comfortable. The TV is a 27” tube style. It works well. The decor in the rooms are very dated and uncomfortable.
We had 3 meals at this hotel. The breakfast is continental style. The lunch and dinner were reasonably priced and the food was decent. The homemade desserts were fantastic.

As far as restaurants and accommodations go in the area, your choices are VERY limited. That is why this location is busy... it certainly isn’t anything special. The prices are more expensive than a nice new hotel in Downtown Halifax!!

If there were other options in the area, I would suggest looking there before booking your room here.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 21, 2007

This was an impromptu stay for me and my 12 year old son.A snow storm kept us from driving home after his hockey game in Kingston.The room was clean and comfortable , the man at the front desk welcoming.I can't remember why, but the restaurant was closed for breakfast ,cleaning or something.
{we checked out really early for another game so it didn't affect us}.

• Stayed: November 2007
1  Thank nickie M
Reviewed July 17, 2007

We needed to make a 'utility 'stop between Brier Island and Truro so selected the Aurora Inn as we wanted to take our time and follow the 'Glooscap Trail. We were encouraged when we saw the postion of the Aurora Inn. It is set in a park like setting and looks very pretty on the outside.
However, we were very disappointed on being given our room. It was cramped and dingy. The carpet was dirty as were all the air vents for the air con. The walls needed decorating as well. The tiles around the bath etc left a lot to be desired and the bathroom was tiny..
I had to complain about the state of the pillows and the under covers on them which were badly stained. The lady came with clean ones and was very gracious but it should not be necessary to check ( I always do though )
The bed was clean enough but quite hard. Some people do like hard beds though so that is a matter of personal taste.
There was no room to move around in the room and we didn't even stop for breakfast in the morning.
We tried to leave at 6.30am but the reception did not open until 7am.
The restaurant was quite good though. We had a decent meal there in the evening.
This is not a place I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple