“Best Meal in Nova Scotia!”

The Lobster Pound And Moore
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in North Sydney
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Food made with love for those who love food.
Saskatoon
“Best Meal in Nova Scotia!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

My wife and I were lucky enough to get a reservation at short notice one night. It was one of the best restaurant experiences we've ever had. The chef actually added another lobster to my supper because the original one's color was slightly off apparently. We were so full after but it was well worth it. Book early to get into this one folks.

• Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Canada
“RUDE!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

The food might be good, but the attitude is just not worth it. I have been here a few times and one time in particular Hubby & I took our children. It is clear this place does not like children. Now, I know not everyone likes "kids", but, my children know how to behave in public. When the server first approached, she said "I don't have a kids menu?" I replied that it was ok, my children can split an entrée. I did ask for a gluten free menu and when asked if it was "lifestyle" or allergy I replied, "my children have Celiac Disease". Her reply was "We do not have a gluten free menu."

On another occasion, I called to place an order and was told, by the owner "I am too busy to take your order today." and he hung up on me.

I was refused a take out a second time because "they don't travel well." Um, if I am paying for this, should I not get to select my food?

Don't get me wrong, the food is good here, but the randomness of the service and the poor attitude is enough that I will not be returning, and as you can read, I don't mind telling other potential clients what I think!

• Visited June 2013
13 Thank Mum1928
Mankato, Minnesota
“I had the too much lobster sweats.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

One of the best dining experiences of my life. Phenomenal food. Great atmosphere. The staff was entertaining and educational. All around amazing. The only problem was that I ate way too much lobster.

• Visited May 2013
Sydney, Canada
“Lovely staff Christmas party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

The Lobster Pound and Moore catered to a staff party and meal that we attended that closed down the restaurant for the evening. We were given the staff's full attention. The place was cozy and warm. In spite of feeding a large group, the meals were excellent. We will return to dine from their regular menu.

Visited December 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

We could not be more thrilled with the food and service on our first visit (soon to be many). Always appreciate a clear view into the kitchen. Looking forward to returning.
Lobster Wontons