“always consistent”

The Lobster Pound And Moore
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in North Sydney
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Food made with love for those who love food.
“always consistent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I along with another couple go there about once a month. We love everything on the menu. But usually it's anything with fish. It's always consistent with its food and service. The service is always excellent. Happy to say they have never disappointed. They seem to take a lot of pride in everything they do - it shows and we appreciate it. But be warned...good news travels fast... you will probably need a reservation. They are a very busy restaurant. ENJOY!!

1 Thank travellingJJs09

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Truro, Canada
“As good as eating out ever gets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I have been here twice and will be making the trip back to North Sydney just to come here again. It's got a great little atmosphere but the staff are what gives it the great feel. Richard is a fun and friendly guy who always came out to chat with us and tell us about the food and his experiences in the restaurant business.
And the food is second to none. Everyone simply must try the crab cakes. They are an experience. Much more than you would expect. All the other main dishes we had were wonderful. Our deserts topped off an amazing meal. It's too bad we had stuffed ourselves already and couldn't eat the entire baked apple and crumble. Also deserving a note is the really good maple salad dressing.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Kieron M
Sydney, Canada
“Great service, excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

My first visit to the Lobster Pound was not disappointing! The food was delicious and the service was terrific. I will definitely be back.

North Sydney, Canada
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I absolutely love the fact I can watch and hear the Chefs cook our food, it just adds to the experience. The food is amazing and well prepared.

Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Birthday Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

By far,the very best Birthday supper I have had in my 48 years,right down to the twirley candle in my Lava cake.Thanks for making my day special.

• Visited February 2013