“A Secret Gem”

The Lobster Pound And Moore
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in North Sydney
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: Food made with love for those who love food.
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Absolutely not to be missed. Fantastic. Five of us went and ordered different apps and mains. Everything tasted great and the evenings special, duck, was very impressive. 5 stars.

1  Thank kevinbarryevans

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We ate here three times in our week in North Sydney. It was excellent. Richard Moore, the chef and proprietor, is creative and hard working. We found him and his staff friendly and welcoming. The food is well prepared, carefully thought through, and served with a great positive attitude. Richard manages to both cook, clean and talk with all the guests. Don't miss this place and make sure you listen to the specials as he finds special things to work with nearly every day. During our time he had skate and duck breast. This is a really great place.

1  Thank JMLVermont
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Each time I go to the Lobster Pound I am overwhelmed by the wonderful food and personal attention. Tonight the song, You are the Best Thing by Ray Lamontagne, was playing in the background and this is a perfect song for this place because it is THE BEST mainly due to the amazing chef that oversees everything that comes out of the kitchen and also comes out to chat with patrons. The Lobster Pound and Moore (named for the chef) is now the place to go and the last few visits there was a sign on the door indicating they were fully booked for the night. Reservations are a must. Although I have previously reviewed this restaurant I wanted to update that it has only gotten better and every meal I have tried is memorable! The halibut was so tasty and perfectly cooked with a light glaze that did not overtake the fish. Tonight's dessert was a very special tiramisu with a lobster claw design on top. Fish and chips are top notch and a huge portion. We also got to sample the duck that was one of the specials and it reminded me of beef tenderloin medallions - very impressive. I travelled a lot this summer and ate at a variety of restaurants only to find that the best dining experience and my all time favorite is still right here at home. Thanks to all the staff at the Lobster Pound. See you soon.

1  Thank thesisgirl
Reviewed September 20, 2012

If you are travelling in Nova Scotia or coming or going on the ferry to Newfoundland, this is the eatery to try. I was there on 9/17 after the trip over from Port aux Basques. This was my first dinner at The Lobster Pound in my three visits to North Sydney. It was recommended by my B&B owner and it lived up to her hype.

After having travelled for 10 days in NF and Labrador, finding a restaurant that prepares all it meals fresh was a treat. The seating is very comfortable though it is limited. The kitchen area is open so in some areas you can see the chef do his magic. The waitress was very friendly and informative. When I was ordering an appertizer and a main course she made a point of telling me about portion sizes so I would not over order. The food was freshly prepared and delectable. The mussels are a special treat. For vegetarians, they had a meatless.main course that was flavorful and filling. My friend had two apetizers that pleased his palate.

I must say, we were both pleasently surpised by this little gem found in Northeatern Nova Scotia.

1  Thank belowtheradar
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The food is fantastic - if we could only move this place to Ontario. Fresh flavourful seafood and a friendly staff and dynamic chef. Started with the salmon appetizer and then had the stuffed Lobster ravioli, creamy and plump with lobster. My wife had the steak, cooked to perfection. We were too stuffed for dessert. This is a must food stop when in Cape Breton.

1  Thank 2013ejp1900