The location is great for those taking the ferry. Our challenge was to find a pet free B & B and this was it. From here we wandered North Sydney, ate at the Lobster Pound, drove to Glacé Bay, Englishtown, Louisbourgh and more. Heather was very friendly with lots of advice about things to do and where to eat.
The rooms were clean, the bed was great, the shower had plenty of hot water, and the breakfast was hot, simple, tasty and filling. We were upstairs facing away from the harbour and had a great sleep at this quiet location. We were there by ourselves one night and there was a full house the next. Other than a few doors banging shut in the early morning there was no problem with all rooms being booked.
The house is 150 years old and as such has character.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At The Harbourfront is a couple of blocks from the ferry to Newfoundland and across the street from the bus terminal. For travelers touring Cape Breton: we are approx 45 minutes from the start of the Cabot Trail. We are near the city of Sydney with all its entertainment events and casino, about 45 minutes from Glace Bay's Savoy Theatre and Miners Museum, the Fortress of Louisburg and East Bay the home of Rita MacNeil’s Tea Room. Also not too far from the many golf courses and festivals that are part of the summer events in Cape Breton. North Sydney offers free entertainment at the wharf in the summer season. New North Sydney Arena and new Culture and Heritage Centre will add to the pleasure of those visiting the area along with the Sports Museum and Fossil Centre, nearby in Sydney Mines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Harbourfront Bed And Breakfast Inn
- The Harbourfront Hotel North Sydney
- At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn North Sydney, Nova Scotia