“Four nights and I would come again”

At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in North Sydney
Surrey, Canada
“Four nights and I would come again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

The location is great for those taking the ferry. Our challenge was to find a pet free B & B and this was it. From here we wandered North Sydney, ate at the Lobster Pound, drove to Glacé Bay, Englishtown, Louisbourgh and more. Heather was very friendly with lots of advice about things to do and where to eat.

The rooms were clean, the bed was great, the shower had plenty of hot water, and the breakfast was hot, simple, tasty and filling. We were upstairs facing away from the harbour and had a great sleep at this quiet location. We were there by ourselves one night and there was a full house the next. Other than a few doors banging shut in the early morning there was no problem with all rooms being booked.

The house is 150 years old and as such has character.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mari Anne H
Harbourfront123, Manager at At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
It really is amazing how so many people can be in one location and make relatively little noise. It is also nice to be in a location where my visitors can stay central and travel out to various sites from here. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope our paths will cross again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
CALIFORNIA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is the best place to stay in North Sydney. Heather is very organized and went out of her way to make sure we had a comfortable bed per our preferences. She was very helpful in planning our trip on the Cabot Trail. Breakfast was very nice. The room was great, although it could use some place to put luggage except on the floors. The Wifi was a little slow but adequate for email. We met another couple at breakfast and they were staying here before getting on the ferry.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank LUCKYME72
Harbourfront123, Owner at At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share. The folding table is the luggage stand but you have given me an idea and if time permits this year, I think I will see if I can develop some kind of folding rack to add to the little table. I did so much enjoy your visit with me and I hope the rest of your travels were an absolute joy.
Moose Jaw, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Heather & staff were very accommodating & extremely helpful with directions & places to see.
Room was very clean & comfortable.
Breakfast were very nice!
Stayed 3 nights, would stay gain & recommend to friends!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Larry G
Always nice to have people who stay for a number of days. The trouble is everyone leaves me and I often feel like family is going away. I will look forward to the time we get together again.
Port aux Basques, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Our room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable, and the breakfast was delicious. Also, Heather (the owner) is one of the friendliest, most generous people I've met. If you have a day to spare, drive out to the Fortress of Louisbourg. It's a truly memorable place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ross M
Harbourfront123, Owner at At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. This year it looks like things will be busy again but I hope I can continue to find room for travelers who are as nice and fun as yuou. Hope to see you again.
Minneapolis, MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Very hospitable but otherwise nothing much to recommend it. Very hospitable but otherwise nothing much to recommend it. Very hospitable but otherwise nothing much to recommend it. Very hospitable but otherwise nothing much to recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. If there are specific needs that were not met or other suggestions to improve guests stay, please let me know. We do our best to meet the basic needs of travelers but always there are alternatives that may make a visit better. Hope you trip went well.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were pleased with this choice - very home like and well located. Great for long walks along the harbour and walking distance to large chain stores for any supplies. Our room came with a sofa bed. Though the Inn may feel a bit cramped if every room was occupied - none were when we were there.
We had to leave early for our flight - but were able to use the kitchen and supplies downstairs to rustle up a breakfast

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Harbourfront123, Owner at At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share. It is really surprising how I can have a full house and still seem like there is almost no one here unless the guests gather on one of the porches and have a gabfest (one of my favorite times). One table does get close for breakfast but it all seems like part of the B & B home type atmosphere that many find enjoyable. I hope I may have the chance to offer you the full breakfast at a future time.
Grand Manan, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Everything went smoothly - from taking the reservation to guiding me to the B&B after I got lost

Room was clean, comfie and ample size. Private bath was clean and spacious.

Neighborhood was quiet at night - slept soundly - was even able to catch part of a NFL preseason game on ESPN (in North Sydney of all places).

Breakfast the next morning was delish - with real scrambled eggs and tasty sausages, toast, yoghurt and plenty of condiments.

Excellent establishment.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
I do encourage all my guests to keep my toll free # 1-888-606-3001 with them so I can be of assistance at any time they are trying to find the place, need to alter arrival time or need information. So glad I was able to help you
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Sydney
Hotel North
#1 of 4 in North Sydney
Point of View Suites at Louisbourg Gates
Spanish Bay Inn and  Suites

Been to At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!