“Good Food with a Great View”
Review of Waterside Restaurant - CLOSED

Waterside Restaurant
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2013

There is a reason this is a popular spot. We enjoyed a good feed of halibut and salmon. Waitress was friendly and we had an excellent view of the harbour from the deck.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Terrible service, terrible portion sizes and overall just a bad experience. When you walk in to the tiny waiting area, waitresses will walk back and forth in front of you without acknowledging your presence until they are good and ready to serve you. I do a fair amount of traveling and have yet to see service as bad as in this place. Do yourself a favor and head up the road!!

2  Thank Golferlady33
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Coming from Granby, Q.C. for a visit at the Cabot Trail, we stopped to this Waterside Restaurant. We first were surprised by the warm ambiance and the nice decor. Then, we were charmed by the excellent cuisine. We had lobster in a sauce as apetizer, a delice! We also recommend the horizon salad. The main meal scallops with wild mushrooms and risotto was to die for... Scallops were cooked to the perfection and the risoto was the best I never had. Plus affordable price and good service. A place to stop every timewe we drive by!

1  Thank PaulEmileLafrance
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have eaten here a number of times for both lunch and dinner. The food has always been good, but I do prefer the lunch menu over the dinner menu. Our most recent visit was on a Saturday around 6pm and there was only one server on, hence the poor rating for the service. The waitress kept up as best as she could, but with 10 tables all arriving at roughly the same time, she had a very had time keeping up. One of the owners was there and did his best to help out, but I think he was a little out of his element. I have had similar experiences here in the past so perhaps it's a scheduling problem.

2  Thank DWhalen
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My wife and I had dinner here this evening. Both of us had eaten here before for lunch and enjoyed our meals. During dinner service there was poor staffing (2 servers). We recieved great service, however our server seemed to be doing everything and the other server was useless. I ordered the chowder and an order of scallops. The chowder was pretty good, but could use some improvement. You can tell that cheaper types of fish are used to try to sub for the more expensive ones (scallops, salmon, crab, lobster), which the chowder does not contain. I was really disappointed by my order of scallops. There were barely 8 dime sized scallops on my plate. They were a little rubbery from overcooking and served in a cream sauce. I have had much better scallops in restaurants much further inland. Definitely not worth 18 dollars. Finally, my glass of red wine, of which there was exceptionally poor selection, was served at about 30 degrees C. A decent wine list and a cellar or wine cooler is recommended.

2  Thank JYurch