“The owners and staff treated me like family”
Review of The Clansman Motel

The Clansman Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in North Sydney
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I was a traveling salesman, for over 20 years, Cape Breton was part of my territory , i made the Clansman was my choice of hotels when i stayed there. The owners and staff were excellent , they treated me like family , the accommodations were great , when the weather is nice, the pool is a great place to go for a relaxing swim. When i would take my family down to Cape Breton on vacation , we stayed there , we love Cape Breton and would stay there every trip, which was once a year for many years as well.
We would eat there as well and the food is as good as you will fine anywhere else , we never had one issue or anything to complain about .
Fred Morris

Room Tip: Call ahead , if there is something that you might need, example a crib for a young baby, they will t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Fred M

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We had a wonderful overnight stay...the staff were friendly and accommodating...they couldn't have done more for us... the meals in the motel's restaurant were amazing and very reasonably priced...super relaxing...thanks for the great Cape Breton hospitality!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We had Planned to stay in Sydney where there are lots of restaurants, beautiful harbor walk and great hotels, but....there were no rooms available due to a major school track meet. This hotel was clean and adequate. We were able to do our laundry. Better eat at this motel's restaurant since there are minimal alternatives for a good dinner in this town.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dorothy040205
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

A very good motel that provides great food in the little restaurant, they helped us get to some places that we had no idea to get. The service was quick but done correctly and for a motel it is more like type of Inn. I wish the pool was open. I stayed there for 2 days but still 5/5 Owls

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank AlcideX
sandraNorthSydney, Manager at The Clansman Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Thank You Alicidex for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the restaurant. I am looking forward to opening the heated pool when the weather warms up. Hope to see you poolside in the future. Sandra

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I can appreciate trying to provide a service in a small community, This inn is in a beautiful community BUT it hasn't been updated since it was built perhaps in the 1950's.

The latest renovation is laminate floors and even those are worn. I was surprised to see so many open gaps in laminate flooring. The pictures of sinks with cracks, dirty looking furniture are all accurate so I wont post any.

The hotel is used by workers in the area, water can be heard running in the pipes and you are often woken by pickup trucks as they head off to work early in the morning.

The price was $134. , I paid the same price for a room with a king sized bed, beautiful room and full amenities including swimming pool just 20 minutes away the next night.

Room Tip: Stay in Sydney
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank rockvisitor
Sandra A, Manager at The Clansman Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Let me start with thanking you for your comments. I would have liked at the time of your checkout, to have been given the opportunity to discuss your comments with you in person as I was the one who checked you out. With any business there are monies allocated for upgrades and I am tasked with allotting these funds. We upgrade yearly and within the past 2 years have completed numerous upgrades including but not limited to replacing the roof, installing a keycard system, replacing older model TV's in the rooms with flat screens, new sinks and furniture, and improving the wireless service for all of our guests. As I respond to your comments we are in the process of upgrading our dining room lobby and public washrooms.We are dependent on all of our guests and are supporters of local Workman( our guests as well). Without all of our Guests' business we would not be able to try and stay current with our Motel or continue with supporting our community and local businesses.

Had you reserved directly with the Clansman by taking advantage of our toll free number(1-800-565-2668) or via email,(reservations@clansmanmotel.com) we would have been able to offer you one of our discounted rates. We take pride in the fact that we are able to offer discounts for CCA Members, AAA Members, Government Employees, Corporate Employees and Seniors.

We recognize that we have many different types of Guests some of which travel for business, others who travel for pleasure. During our almost 50 years of business we have met some wonderful people some of which have had short stays (Overnight), and some of which have had longer stays (6 months plus). We appreciate all of our customers and welcome any suggestions as to how we can make your stay with us a memorable one.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Had a delicious lunch there Oct 9th 2013. Just so happened while we were there the ower (Sandra) was presented with an award from the local fire department. Also stayed overnight many times, took in the the food, shopping and walking track would high recomment this place to any and all who are in the area. Michaell and Susan

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Had an amazing stay at the Clansman last evening. Their cottage was great, excellent service from their staff. I would happily recommend a stay here for anyone looking in the North Sydney area. The cottage was a beautiful two room, two bathroom suite, fully equip with a full size fridge, dishwasher. Perfect place for a getaway. Brand new floors and fixtures, very clean.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Hampton Inn by Hilton Sydney
Kow's Inn
Kow's Inn
#1 of 1 in Little Bras d'Or

Been to The Clansman Motel? Share your experiences!