“Upscale, great food, a little pricey”
Review of black spoon bistro

black spoon bistro
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in North Sydney
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This has a variety of food and we ate there once while in town. The food is good and the service great.
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Great food, attentive staff including chef-he's always interested in your reaction to offerings. We were more than satisfied with our menu and wine choices.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

The Black Spoon is my favorite restauraunt. I live aproximately 25-30 minute drive from North sydney and go there regularly-well worth the drive The food is exceptional as well as the service(the staff are very courteous and attentive). The prices are very reasonable. Try the Cajun Seafood Pasta dish....my favorite!!! If visiting Cape Breton make it a must during your travels to stop and enjoy such great food and service, it will exceed your expectations!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

The most amazing food ! The best spot to eat in Cape Breton. No matter if you live here or are visiting you must take time to eat at this bistro. You will thank herself for it.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed our time in this intimately set atmosphere. Food was delicious and exceeded our expectations. Best meal I have had in some time and will definitely return. Staff was very friendly, personable and attentive. High marks to the chef!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

The food at the Black Spoon is fabulous and consistently wonderful and the service is impeccable. The chef/owner is most personable as he visits each and every table to ensure that his guests' expectations have been met. I have eaten at the Black Spoon during my last three trips to Cape Breton and will be sure not to miss it on my fourth.