“A great place”

Roadside Willies Smokehouse & Bar
Ranked #10 of 98 Restaurants in Truro
Cuisines: Pub, American, Bar, International, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Independently owned and operated, Roadside Willies offers its valued patrons casual dining with a touch of class. Whether stopping by to unwind with your favorite beverage, or savoring a full course meal with family and friends, Roadside Willies offers up something for everyone. Our extensive menu features tastes from around the world. Enjoy incredible salads, appetizers, sandwiches, seafood, smokehouse favorites, pastas, gourmet pizza, desserts and more. We smoke our ribs and chicken in-house, over real hickory wood. Willie's philosophy is simple. Dining out should be an enjoyable and unrushed experience, in a cozy and intimate setting. Candle lit tables, a warm décor, tasteful music and friendly people create an inviting yet casual ambiance at Roadside Willies. Great people. Great atmosphere. Great food. Period. See you soon!
“A great place”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I have eaten at this place many times and have always had great good and service. The east coast manner of he staff is great and it just feels right to be there. I really enjoy the atmosphere and the prices accommodate the portion sizes and atmosphere that you get. If you are looking for a nice pub style smokehouse stop on in! Also, it tends to get busy in the evenings on weekends so it's best to reserve tables or call ahead to see the waiting time the staff will accommodate you as fast as they can! Great job all around.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Burgermaster1

Brookfield Nova Scotia
“Senior”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Have been to Roadside Willies many times. The food is always good (especially fish and chips) The staff has always been friendly and helpful. Only on one occasion did I find the service could have been better but some of the staff were off sick and they didn't or couldn't replace them. I would not hesitate to recommend this establishment to friends or visitors.If you are looking for fine dinning this is not the place for it. It is a bar not a fancy dinning room.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank pickieeater802
“Poor Service.”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Regrettably we had a very disengaged waitress with no attention to detail or effort to make our meal enjoyable. The smoked meat burger and alfredo were good, the onion rings were very greasy and horrible. There was no salt 'n pepper on the table, no placements. Prior guests crumbs were on the table and the table was not cleaned well after we sat down. No dipping sauce with the pre-dinner wings!! Pasta dish, hamburger, onion rings, wings, water came to $45.00. And what is up with the 'squeeze ketchup' and condiments?? Odd and unacceptable for the price point of the meals. Will not be back nor recommend to others. 986-2332 P.S. At least light the candle on the table and smile!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank John B
Buck667, Owner at Roadside Willies Smokehouse & Bar, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Yikes, that doesn't sound like our service. Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback so I can look into the situation. Please drop an email to manager@roadsidewillies.ca with the date and time of your visit, the number of people in your party and where approximately you were sitting. I will conduct a thorough audit of what transpired by reviewing all information generated from our internal monitoring and control systems. After that review, I will follow up with you. Thanks again for telling me about your experience. UPDATE: We have tried to contact you through Trip Advisor and at the phone number you provided in your review. Unfortunately, you have not responded. I will add a comment about the condiments for the burger. We serve condiments on the side simply because it allows the customer to put on just the right amount to satisfy their particular tastes and preferences. This helps to avoid complaints of "too much of this" and "too little of that". Since implementing this practice, your complaint is one of only two I have heard about in 8 years. Irregardless, I sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations. Regarding your comments of poor service, of course I am concerned and would like to gather more information on the incident so I can address the issue. It's difficult to do that when anonymous reviewers don't allow two-way communication. About the price points, the vast majority of our customers value the high quality of our ingredients and cooked-to-order policy. I remain hopeful that you will at least take the time to return our call. FINAL UPDATE: Although we did not get a response from you, I managed to search our systems information and find out when you dined with us. I have taken a look at the flow of things and I can report this. You arrived at 5:55pm and your server met you at the table with menus and cutlery before you even sat down. We don’t use disposable placemats at our restaurant. Your appetizer order was sent to the kitchen at 5:57pm. Honey Chipotle wings are tossed in a dry coating rather than served with a sauce as that would defeat the purpose of the flavor. Main meals were ordered at 6:04pm and delivered to the table at 6:21pm. That’s really exceptional, given there were two large groups at the same time, as it takes 8-10 minutes just to cook an 8oz burger from raw. The server checked on your meal at 6:30pm. The server in question agreed that she forgot the salt and pepper and to light your candle, but did so after being asked. She also felt that she gave prompt service, but admitted she may have been distracted somewhat due to having a large group at the same time. We work hard at what we do, but sometimes we come up a little short. Although I am not certain what transpired warranted as negative a review as we received, I do understand that everyone has different expectations when they spend their hard earned money.
“value for your money”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have been to Roadside Willies several times, both for lunch and dinner. We have never had a bad meal, the prices are reasonable, the staff is friendly. Great lunch specials, and the fish and chips are the best in town!!!

• Visited February 2014
“Delicious food!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This food is absolutely astounding, although definitely on the expensive side. It is a pleasant, quiet little place that is good for friends, family and just a night out. Staff was friendly and the food was actually fairly timely!

• Visited August 2013